Not open for further replies.
kikaha":1w1ntcfb said:
My alltime fave bike pic .
Me very joung on the first bike.....1969

An absolute classic picture... Wonderful

Competition or not, its worthy of a frame on a wall

Wish I had something like that, its fantastic

:)

If you care to pm me, I'd love a full res emailed copy, it'd go on the wall, love it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,113
This your one week warning gents.

I've realised I havn't put the details up.

Poll will go live on the 25th :)

Me and the man - 20 years or so ago :cool:
JTandMe.jpg

This Sohrab Roadster is very young at heart but old in looks

Pre and post war Roadster designs are very popular in the far reaches of The old British Empire, and Raleigh were huge in India and Pakistan. Raleigh designs have been copied millions upon millions of times - and still built to this day, the same old style, same designs, same brick sh*t house tank like build and Sohrab are one such manufacturer - and as a homage to Raleigh the headbadge is even Heron-like.

They're used for everything from commuting, carrying passengers and lugging provisions and livestock, yes Livestock - ever seen a goat on a Bike? I have! they're easily maintained and have Rod Brakes - and rod Brakes are just superb - not for Weight Weenies though - they look ancient, the dated design, stuck back in time, reminds me of 50ies American cars in Cuba, without the glamour.

My dad exported a Raleigh Roadster from England in the early 60ies for my Uncle (his younger brother), and it is still being ridden to this day, weighing upwards of 50 Ibs and built like the Eiffel Tower, it'll last forever!

I saw this loved and well used example on my recent trip - and snapped it with a wide angle lens

And being pretty old Skool in many things - I shot it on Kodak Ektachrome and a Carl Zeiss 21mm Biogon T* lens on a Contax Rangefinder.

8595136189_31e9086506_b.jpg

An interesting video of the antiquated Sohrab Bicycle Factory, Lahore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-ov35KsfQM

you know when you've got that horrible feeling like you've forgotten something....?

Poll will go live this evening gents, apologies for the delay :oops:

Damn my pic has vanished
Will upload this eve again when finished work...

Done now! Back again!

Sorry!

No poll?
Thought there'd be one this eve.

I've re uploaded my image.

Good luck everyone, some very nice pictures here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back