DMR Revolver hub question...

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have a wobbly freehub body from my DMR Revolver hub (9spd) that for some reason is somewhat very hard to find.

the hub body i have uses cup and cone bearings, but all the replacement parts i see are sealed cartridge bearing type.

i ordered one form Winstanley bikes as it looked exactly like mine in the images on their website. Turns out its not.
i sent it back and they sent me a replacement, which turned out to be exactly the same hub body again.

i have contact DMR and subsequently so have Winstanley bikes and DMR came back to me and said they dont have any - not sure what they have come back and said to Winstanley bikes yet.

anyways, since this is such a bugger to find - is there another hub body i could use? or does anyone know where else i could look at getting one?
its the only thing stopping me rebuilding the wheel i have and its turned into a bit of a dead end...

pics of my hub and of the sealed version to show the difference below plus a pic of the other side of the hub to show it uses cup and cone both side of the axle :)

the brass coloured cap does pop out - but you can still see the bearing race on the inside of the hub.

Attachments

• SAM_0515.JPG
    SAM_0515.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 931
  • SAM_0514.JPG
    SAM_0514.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 931
  • SAM_0516.JPG
    SAM_0516.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 931
ba57ards":3j4a7kl0 said:
upgrade bikes are dmr btw do u want a phone number ?

01403 771611

bout 20 min from me

lush, thanks :)
havent called them yet - but will give them a try. need to get this wheel sorted so i can sell it!

cyfa2809":e2g8tu2z said:
Will it even be worth selling it after all the effort and parts?

f**k knows.
but i've started something now and need to finish it :roll:

the hub is on a 26" DMR DeeVee rim (and i have a matching front on a Deore hub) so not a bad set of trials bike wheels (although i know nothing about trials bikes so they could be absolute pony)

Back