MacRetro chat and rides thread

LikeClockwork":3g97chii said:
Mr Panda":3g97chii said:
I remember some good (very good indeed) cider in Somerset :facepalm:

You were a VERY long way from home then....!

In some places in these parts, you get a very exclusive invite to the first tasting of the year's cider. You take a wine glass, not a pint glass, it's that strong.... :shock:

One of my mate's is an award winning cider producer, she brews it up in old rum barrels :LOL:

Not that it's a favourite subject of mine or anything.....

Signed Ms Pinocchio :LOL:

Mind you, we do a lot of rather stupid things round here.... :facepalm:

Attachments

• nettle eating 2012 032.JPG
    nettle eating 2012 032.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 593
  • nettle eating 2012 020.JPG
    nettle eating 2012 020.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 593
If Mr P can remember good cider in Somerset, or remember anything at all then he wisnae drinking the cider :LOL:

Somerset, 2nd favourite county of England after Cumbria :cool:

guys, I work for SKY and have a staff offer at the moment which entitles an NEW customers to free skt tv for a year, including a free hd box and free installation, a bit of info below. It won't include sports (except F1 channel) and movies but you can add these at cost if you want. All my friends and family already have taken these offers in the past so I'm currently struggling to give away free sky. Please note this is only for NEW customers only. PM me with your full name and email address and I'll enter this detail and you'll be emailed with the offer details. It must be booked by the 21/March.

"A reminder of the offer

The passes include free Entertainment Pack and free HD Pack for 12 months plus a Free Sky+HD box and free standard set-up. Visit http://www.sky.com/pitpass for all the details.

As well as being able to enjoy our amazing Sky Sports F1 HD channel, your loved ones can also enjoy Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Sky Living and much more. You can get more details on the Entertainment pack at http://www.sky.com/products/tv-packs/entertainment. "

that would have been great a month back! :( now tied to V for a further 18 months, remind me then. It all seems pish though (other than walking dead) don;t know why we bothered.

The Ken":e91ss4bh said:
that would have been great a month back! :( now tied to V for a further 18 months, remind me then. It all seems pish though (other than walking dead) don;t know why we bothered.

shame TK, tbh I'm pretty much the same, watch a bit of sport and the rest is rubbish really... but keep it mind for the future, at the end of every quarter I get an offer which I'm always willing to pass on, normally half price for a year, this is the first time I've seen free for a year.

Ah, the nettle eating contest. Saw that on River Cottage with Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's team competing and I think winning.
They had eaten hot chillies to numb their mouths to the sting of the nettles. Mental.

"Wots a whoosh....?"
A whoosh is where someone writes something in jest that is taken as true by the reader as they haven't realised it's a joke. It goes right over their head, whoosh is the noise of the low flying object as it passes over. ;)

Or have I been whooshed again? :oops:

I love my Sky+, Fast and Loud, American Chopper, American Pickers, American Restoration, Counting Cars, Pawn Stars, Arrow, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire.....loooads more. There is a whole load of pish on there too but some really cool stuff anaw.

I think we are having trouble wading through the pish to find the good stuff K, I like pawn stars but that is late night guilty pleasure :) We are just about to start watching Boardwalk Empire - waited until the first series started again so we could see it from there, not tried Game of Thrones. I do like the really bad b movies on horror and syfy - so bad they are hilarious, like "Nazi's at the centre of the Earth". Marnie doesn't share my enthusiasm there though :)

EdenHD is also a favourite, almost 24 hour Attenborough, the kids love it.

Back