Emperor 7a.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Emperor 8a.jpg
    Emperor 8a.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 473
  • Emperor 9a.jpg
    Emperor 9a.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 473
Emperor Sport was run by ex-pro Mick Coward who built the frames. Kevin, as far as I know, never worked there. Mick moved up to Yorkshire a few years ago and is a member of Bronte Wheelers near Keighley and rides a few local time trials. Sadly, he disposed of all his frame building equipment.

Sean Yates very succesfully rode an Emperor Sport before turning pro.

Now that's an interesting find, the track frame with the same name :)

Your Emperor frame is even more interesting.....full sloping crown and long campag dropouts place it firmly in 1975 but the braze on top tube cable guides came a bit later. The position of the single gear lever boss also puts it mid 70's. There was a trend for a while to move the boss nearer the head tube so that you didn't have to move the right arm so much :)

Shot in rear seat stays as well :)

Is the headset engraved EDCO? the weapon of choice at the time :)

Just trying to remember when 531SL / pro joined the Ti Lineup.

Shaun

PS Hi Old Ned, sort of lost track where Kevin went between Bob Jackson and Woodrup....could have sworn it was somewhere down south :)

As requested by Shaun (Midlife), a pic of the drillium Campagnolo two bolt seatpost. I decided againgst using it in my Rohan in the end as I have doubts over it's strength and I use the Rohan on a regular basis!

Attachments

• IMG_0651a.jpg
    IMG_0651a.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 400
Class :) not sure why, but we used a chamfer bit to add a 45 degree bevel to the holes that we drilled LOL

Shaun

PS Thanks Paul, thought it was somewhere down south. Visited Bridgewater when I worked in Bristol....

Back