I just picked this up on Ebay - Good deal? Bad deal?

stamina9007

Dirt Disciple
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Got caught up in a bidding war.

not good, either enter your max bid or use an eBay sniper website (eg Gixen is free to use).

But £75 seems ok to me, it's a fully working retro mtb :) ok, so Exage 500LX isn't exactly high end, but the bike looks pretty original, even down to amberwall tyres.

As long as you are happy with it and get some use out of it, then it's worth what you were prepared to pay.

First of all welcome to RB, and secondly it doesn't look like you will need to do much to bring that up to a very nice bike :) value, cost, how much you paid is irrelevant, as long as it puts a smile on your face, enjoy it :D

Jussa

I never 'bid' as such. I always set my budget, stand firm and manually snipe that amour with 5 seconds to go.

Would you go into a bike shop and persuade the staff to let you pay more for an item? So why go on eBay and keep bidding yourself into paying more? Your blood was up and you've paid a veritable fortune.

Thanks for the replies gents, but, im picking it up...so no £40 delivery for me will be necessary - Thank god.

Just got to pick her up for 75.

I saw that one...not a bad price for the spec and condition just a lesser known manufacturer...doesn't mean its bad...but not a bargain I would have thought £50 was a fair price...but really whats a few quid extra in today world!

Back