Caygill Custom Columbus

Haha well it's code named project scargill in the workshop at work ;-)

Leedevelopment... Anything you can find out about the frame would be much appreciated!

I've got most of the parts together now, a real mix of old and new, but nothing too blingy. I'll get some photos of the kit up soon

Just had a quick chat with Rick..."Yep, that's one of mine; built for a guy in York originally I think,it's a long time ago. I used a lot of Max for mountain bikes and all were fillet brazed, even the road frames. I never did TIG max, the curves flowed really well with the elliptical tubes, nice!"

Awesome. Thank you! I bought it from the original owner, a friend of mine (in York) who'd been toying with the idea of selling it to me for ages and finally relented, at least it will get used now.

I'll be putting the original lx gear back on for now with Thomson and salsa bits. It's all stuff I already have and the budget is fairly low. i have another project on the way from konaman (my favourite ever bike: kilauea)There will be the obligatory flite as well...

Frame and forks are now at the powder coaters... he's very experienced with bike frames so will fill a couple of slight dents for me as well ;-)

The guy is very good and has done a couple of my previous projects:

DSCF2906.jpg

DSCF2811.jpg

I know a few guys who used to rave about the Max OR tubes BITD. Never got the chance to ride them myself though

Back