Show us what you did today, thread

Still loving the 29er then GMac?

Probably won't be long til the small wheelers get culled. :LOL:

This was me today.

IMAG0267_zpsb78438b8.jpg

Gaz, the ride out to indrigill is great, couple of sea eagles on route add to a rewarding ride. the full loop is well worth while, but a longer day.

coire lagan is only worth it for the downhill, the path up is only ~35% rideable, rewarding views of the cuillin and out to sea over to canna and rhum. Entertainment was provided by the raf with a couple of biggles types shreaking through the air and watching a heard of dear at a hill loch. The coire itself can be a stunning place to visit, but I didn't go up the last short section as the cloud was pretty low, and it was starting to snow with low cloud. the trip back down was magic, but eyes down picking a line at all times.

fftc that's some skiies, looks like a great day at the seaside :D yip still liking the 29er, that's not to say I'm not looking forward to getting out on some 26"ers. need to get my finger and get my rigid ss project on the road

Great pics guys :) , gotta say i'm a bit jealous, not been out riding since Blairadam a couple of weeks ago :cry:

Anyhooooo, been twirling allen keys, spanners, and bashing things, stripped the Zaskar down in preperation for it's Disc brake, 9 speed Hot Rod rebuild.

Not sure if i'll keep these 63mm Z3 Bombers or use the 80mm Z5 Bombers i have ?

SAM_0523_zpsd51fc6db.jpg

Also fitted a new black Syncros stem to the Clockwork, looking great as all components/groupset are now black, no pics of that though as Photobucket is utter pish and if i try to upload two pics in the one post i'll end up hunting down Photobucket H/Q, kick their door in and batter someone :evil:

It's my Norco's 10th birthday this year, so I treated the old girl to some new (old) forks. Got some White Brother's something (I think maybe Fluid, based on the service manuals on their website). But when they arrived the seller had been pretty generous with his steerer measurements...

IMG_20130319_184951_zps161db5df.jpg

I was all set to put them back on ebay, but I thought I'd give a steerer extender a bash, £13 and less than 24 hour delivery later (thanks UKbikestore)...

IMG_20130319_185622_zpsc8514f72.jpg

And on they go...

IMG_20130319_194121_zps940d35da.jpg

And now I've got more steerer than I'll ever need, I'm going to shorten it by moving the quill further down into the steerer. And you'd never guess from the state of the front room that the mrs is away for a few days :LOL: I think they're the same travel as the bombers they're replacing (130mm) but the axle to crown is slightly longer and I think they suit the frame a bit better.

Back