March 17th Cotswold Spring Classic Road ride

Outstanding.

Fit? Fast?

Obviously never seen me ride :oops:

Just necking a coffee, then I'll be on my way.

Hi Tarloone, don't blame you mate! It was horrendous on the way over from Chelters but it would appear that Daj is on the right side of the cycling gods who decreed that it should be lovely weather for the ride today. Lovely, lovely.

Many thanks go to Daj for arranging, great route, oh, and great to see so many folks. I'm off for a can of Guinness and a soak in the bath.

bobbinogs":3eex5jnd said:
Hi Tarloone, don't blame you mate! It was horrendous on the way over from Chelters but it would appear that Daj is on the right side of the cycling gods who decreed that it should be lovely weather for the ride today. Lovely, lovely.

Many thanks go to Daj for arranging, great route, oh, and great to see so many folks. I'm off for a can of Guinness and a soak in the bath.

Good stuff, I actually got up and over Fish Hill and all the way to troopers lodge before turning back...foiled so far in :evil:

Great day and turn out again, thanks Dave (and to your mum putting up with having so many stinking cyclists in her house. Plus the rampant swearing when the Sky box would not work for Milan-San Remo although as that came from the direction of her son....).

Also thanks to Matt's missus, who we discovered has two talents although we only have evidence of one (chocolate flapjack, very tasty).

Well,I really enjoyed that ride. It was a really last minute decision to attend but I'm glad I went for it. I didn't feel that way when we were driving through a full on blizzard though. Tarloone, I think we saw you going up that monster hill in the snow. If I hadn't had a car full (I took the family) I would have stopped and offered you a lift.

Once I have downloaded the Garmin I'll post the route up. Thanks to Dave for organizing a good route and Matt's missus for the flapjack. Also thanks to Dave's mum for entertaining my kids!

Looking forward to some warmer weather.

Well, I didn't enjoy myself at all, as there were no crowds, no girls with bunches of flowers at the end, and I didn't see Cav or Wiggo at all, so it was either a rubbish ride, or Channel 4 have sold me a right pup regarding this road riding malarky.

Ed, if you did not have some of the peanut butter flapjack, you missed a treat, although, there were no chillies in it.... thank goodness.

Dave, that last climb? It's not big and it's not funny... actually, it was big and it definitely was not funny. Mike, you would have loved it :evil:

Big thanks to Dave's mum for the constant flow of tea and coffee.

Oh and my Garmin says 60k with 873m of climbing including three Strava cat 4's.

Back