Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ CANCELLED

Re: Retrobike National Series Rd 1: Lake District ~ 23/03/13

clockworkgazz":39dsmb93 said:
last time down at grizdale on my rigid clockwork was a bit brutal so tbh I'm tempted by a bit of modern.... go on and convince me that retro should win the day folks....
Are you sure you aren't mixing this up with Whinlatter?
Grizedale has a few mildly rocky sections, whereas the north loop at Whinlatter isn't that pleasant on a fully rigid bike.
However, the route we'll be doing is tried and tested on old fully rigid bikes and it's great fun on such a machine.

Regardless, this is a Retrobike ride so modern bikes will be thrown into Coniston Water before we set off, so best to bring something suitably unsuitable.

yeah it was the north face red I did Paul and I remember thinking that a wee bit of bounce would have been nice..... however, I will bow to the unrelenting peer pressure and bring the wicked along- as I suspect that me throwing in the lake the aforementioned modern bike chucker would be poor form :twisted:

Forecast for Coniston is heavy rain showers and 20mph winds .... normal for the lakes then :D

I'm going to attending this riding my Yo and i've convinced my bro who lives in Ambleside to join us - he'll be on my Buck Shaver..

I'm in - house purchase delays means I won't be moving in the day before, so get to come and play.

So once again I'll miss my local ride :x
I'll be sitting on a rig somewhere near the Arctic Circle.
Have a good one, I'll be looking out for some good pics.

Amended my accomodation choice from tent to youth hostel due to likely inclement weather but I'm still coming. Had to route around in shed for working bike as original choice not working, a the joys of old bikes, so I apologise in advance for the neon fuscia pink that will be blinding you :LOL:

Taken bike choice A out for a test ride.
Was fine apart from the brakes, gears, tyres, and sticking Spds ( which resulted in a crash).
Bike B it is I think..

Back