The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above xt, being early 00's have always been hard to sell, especially for any large money. So not a lot and probably an eBay job or try 30 quid for v and similar for levers.

The dekerf stuff is worth 20 quid + shipping to my house....

FluffyChicken":3llo6kkz said:
The above xt, being early 00's have always been hard to sell, especially for any large money. So not a lot and probably an eBay job or try 30 quid for v and similar for levers.

The dekerf stuff is worth 20 quid + shipping to my house....

Hi, we'll, that works out to $45... I checked eBay completed listings and a set of just XT levers NOS has sold a couple times for $78 in the past month... And a set of levers with shifters has sold for about the same... So I figure closer to $100-150 per set with brakes, but I wasn't sure how much the v brakes fetch so I was having a hard time coming up with a package deal price

But you are right... I will Probably have better luck selling them on the bay

Thanks!

Circa 1994 Cannondale M2000. Virtually mint condition, '96 8 speed XT shifters and XT V-brakes. XT chainset and mechs, XT rear hub, CODA front hub. Easton seatpin. Recently refurbished Rockshox Indy SL forks, also have original Aluminium Pepperoni rigid forks. Shimano carbon brake booster. X-lite titanium bars and Onza titanium SPDs

Rides very well with super-smooth shifting and sharp brakes. Extremely light weight.

Any ideas on value?

Cheers,

Dan

DSC01655.JPG

Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Hope that helps? :)

The XT 750 is consider one of the ugliest V brakes made (it is may opinon, but if you try to sell one of that you will have some troubles.They are dificult to sell).

It is most expensive the old 739 (and more nice for a clasic MTB), I sold some bits of the 739 in only 3 days (rear mech, and V-brakes).

madjh":vi1e8i2b said:
The XT 750 is consider one of the ugliest V brakes made (it is may opinon, but if you try to sell one of that you will have some troubles.They are dificult to sell).

It is most expensive the old 739 (and more nice for a clasic MTB), I sold some bits of the 739 in only 3 days (rear mech, and V-brakes).

Yea? I actually like the look of them... I got too good of a deal to pass them up...

I figured I'd either sell them or use on my commuter

MisterGrizzly":21k5fat8 said:
Re the Dale...

Very nice! I had one but it was too small for me and gave me a bad back! Yours looks a nice size, very nice, though definitely better with the pepperonis I'd say ;)

Then sell the indys!

As for price... And only an opinion, it'd be in the hundreds, and at least 3... but not sure exactly! Up to 6 if the components are top notch?! :) depends on condition but also how some folk may prefer components to reflect year of manufacture? Frame and forks though, if in top condition, would be lovely

Really? No offence but based on what? Gt-steve on here sold similar vintage after months of hard selling for 150 quid I think. That was rigid but as the forks on yours are only Indy c's then I imagine that won't add to the price, XT selling good still so I would say £200 pretty accurate.

Good luck with the sale.

coomber":kse0gi1x said:
MisterGrizzly":kse0gi1x said:
Re the Dale...

Then sell the indys!

Really? No offence but based on what? Gt-steve on here sold similar vintage after months of hard selling for 150 quid I think. That was rigid but as the forks on yours are only Indy c's then I imagine that won't add to the price, XT selling good still so I would say £200 pretty accurate.

Good luck with the sale.

No offence taken buddy, though I did wonder if I'd get corrected if I posted on an advisory thread, I'll think against it next time as now I'm explaining myself which is as time consuming as offering up good willed advice but doesn't quite have the same sentiment (although its still good willed of course :) )!

Not based on much really... Just this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142479&start=15

:D

Good luck with the sale, and its only an opinion - very subjective things these bikes we love! ;)

MisterGrizzly":1nn4kdxl said:
coomber":1nn4kdxl said:
MisterGrizzly":1nn4kdxl said:
Re the Dale...

Then sell the indys!

Good luck with the sale.

No offence taken buddy, though I did wonder if I'd get corrected if I posted on an advisory thread, I'll think against it next time as now I'm explaining myself which is as time consuming as offering up good willed advice but doesn't quite have the same sentiment (although its still good willed of course :) )!

Not based on much really... Just this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142479&start=15

:D

Good luck with the sale, and I bow to the knowledge ;)

Wow. Well I take it back. I'm quite shocked you got such a price though. Well done! Still think 250 would be tops but for others to decide with cash.

There was a zaskar which people posted on the eBay thread as it was listed for a seemingly unrealistic price but sold for high money and likewise others fail to make 150. Point is there's always exceptions to the norm.

Anyway hope you are being sarcastic about not posting on this thread. Its only opinions after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back