Roy Thame

plantfit

Retro Newbie
Swapped my 1980's Falcon olympic for a really unloved 1970's Roy Thame, plenty of rust and corroded ally parts to contend with but I was looking for a bit of a project bike, not too fussed about it being an exact restore but a ridable one

DSCF3554_zps5e4dfd51.jpg

Roy Thame as I got it

DSCF3572_zpsedbdcc62.jpg

Frame stripped of paint and rust and all components removed ready for some elbow grease

DSCF3576_zps6d81e0e5.jpg

a respray and plenty of elbow grease later, almost finished and finished bike pics to follow

Roger

DSCF3586_zpsdb11e091.jpg

Almost there, just need to fettle the stainless steel mudguards and fit the new brake pads

DSCF3598_zps341e18a1.jpg

Had to scrap the original chrome wheels as they had rusted through in places so had to resort to some 27x1/4 ally ones from an auction website, paint was from a rattle can, three coats fo grey primer, two coats of "Fiat red/orange" and finished with two coats of clear lacquer, decals were got from H Loyds and they are the over lacquer type, tyres from LBS as were the new brake pads, seat is the original Brookes B17 although a bit cracked on the surface it is servicable and quite comfortable, the ride is very comfortable I think because it's on the 27x1/4inch wheels (I've been used to the 700c's on my Giant OCR)
Thanks for looking and any comments/critisism welcome

Roger

Lot of work there :)

I'm not up on Roy Thame frames, is there a frame number that identifies it?

Shaun

Hi Roger
That looks brilliant, really well done :)
Great job transforming it, inspires me to do something with the old Claud Butler in the loft.
How does it ride?
Thanks for sharing
Jamie

looks nice and the last one i had rode great . and should have this one by the end of next week , can hardly wait

Attachments

• roy thame.jpg
    roy thame.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 542
Back