Will they refuse collection...130cm long box

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Trying to get quotation for collection of a box 130cm long...seems the price shoots up after 110cm
Will they notice if I book it at 110cm...non-collection, extra charges etc?

I've done this loads from surf boards to bikes, with city link, dhl and ups.

Its never been refused and I've never had extra charges.

The only time ever a box has been measured is when i;ve taken it to the post office for parcel force.

However if the parcel were to be damaged by them, then I wouldn't expect them to pay out since you broke their rules....

senditnow.com always suprised me, it's the not so well known part of parcel force but half the price on average and on their website they seem to only worry about the weight and not the dimensions

sylus":1pw5xuc5 said:
senditnow.com always suprised me, it's the not so well known part of parcel force but half the price on average and on their website they seem to only worry about the weight and not the dimensions

Yep..... That^^

Another vote here for senditnow.com

The only thing that might happen is the box will be delivered with a sticker on it saying that it falls outside of ParcelForce's maximum dimensions. It will still get delivered though :D

Another one here for senditnow, if you read the small print it's up to 30kg's and 3 meters round the widest part (about right for a box big enough for a bike, however, i've had a few boxes picked up/delivered by them that have been well over 3m round and they've not said anything :cool:

Standard 48 hour is £13.02p inc vat which covers I think up to £100 value and you can add insurance up to amount required for an few extra quid :cool:

Has anyone used Senditnow and dropped the parcel off at their local post office? I've not completed the checkout but all the options so far don't let me specify this.

To answer my own question,to give others the info if needed. It wasn't clear using Send It Now how to use the drop and collect from a PO. What I have done is picked the nearest PO to the seller (from whom I need a bike collecting) and then the buyer (me) to have it dropped off at. The seller has dropped the bike off at the PO and they've accepted it, job done. Only issue I may have was the weight. The site gives a 30Kg limit when using the courier to collect and drop off, but this is reduced to 20Kg when using the PO. I put the weight of the bike I'm getting in at 15Kg as a guess, PO weighed it and got 24Kg...so I may be charged when I collect.

Back