My Rocky Mountain Experience

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi! Here is one if my Rockies... I just got into mountain bikes because my road bike hobby slowed down over the winter... Started as one and now is almost at 4... I have a Rocky Mountain Fat City Flyer, steel Vertex, and 1996 blizzard... I'm awaiting a 19.5" titanium...

So here's the Experience as it was when I found it... Paid $300 CDN for frame, original pink fork, M900 crankset, two stems, and Syncros bar...

The finish is pretty rough so I have decided to polish the frame (you can see where I started)

I will be using a manitou answer 2 fork on it with a deore xt 8 speed group... I will slowly post pics as I go through the build, feel free to give your input =)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 563
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 563
Any pics of the Fat City Flyer?

Retro_Roy":2om2do2t said:
hi
welcome.
i'd leave the original fork on it. if you don't want it sell it to me. :D
roy

Hmmm... Well I may agree with you after riding it with the manitou, but because of that I will hold onto the fork... It's a really nice fat fork so it will go well with the frame

I would like one of my bikes to have a manitou answer fork so I think this would be the best candidate =)

raidan73":2ge3yx6q said:
Any pics of the Fat City Flyer?

Here's the only one I have at the moment... I'm going to repaint it the same factory colour scheme and get new decals made up

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 482
jimo746":jyjo1kj3 said:
I like that a lot, should look lovely when it's all polished up.

Thanks! Surprising there is no anodizing on the aluminum... Those two spots took 30 seconds to polish with mothers aluminum polish... I'm going to polish it up this week... Should only take a good 20-30 minutes to polish the entire frame...

I also ordered blue water bottle bolts and bolts for all the fender braze-ons... Might be overkill but I can always swap them out...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 482
That Tange Big Fork is a PITA to find especially in the length you need for the Experience. The Experience was designed to use that fork. If you wanted to go suspension then you need to get the Cirrus. If you look at the catalogue its slightly different (angles and lengths). Cheers!

Back