'93 Marin Palisades Trail

tops 5

Retro Newbie
Here is my recently aquired Marin Palisades Trail - research suggests 1993 vintage all working ok apart from stuck seatpost. All bits look original except suspect riser bars?

p4pb9317064.jpg

Not sure whether to restore or go SS with some discs/wider bars

p4pb9317063.jpg

nice bike, personally I would just use that as it is (as long as its rideable), would love that in my shed next to my muirwoods haha.

risers are not original but if tey work for you then why not..personally i would use flats but with a higher stem

as to the seat post give it a few days of soaking with plus gas and all should be okay..if not use search and you will see a shedload of stuck seatpost threads

Nice bike! I've got a 1992 Palisades Trail in the black and fluoro green colourway. These early 1990s Marins are all good lookers in my opinion.

Personally, I'd strip, clean, re-grease/service and rebuild what's there first. Once you've spent some quality time with her, you'll have a better idea of future direction.

Regards

Thanks for the replies guys - just got the seatpost out can anyone advise the correct size ? Semi slicks swapped for knobblies just need a seatpost and I'm good to go !

Back