The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Re: The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week threa

Deore XT first generation V-brakes and Bontrager saddle by Selle San Marco with steel rails and Sunshine embroidery. Sunshine used to be a brand of bike clothing, so this makes it special. As far as I know, they don't exist anymore.

2.JPG

1.JPG

Cheers,
Mx

XT v's arent exactly rare but as long as the price wasnt too bad then youve done well. Its still a superb brake,nice and powerful :cool: . I know nothing on saddles but well done on that too :D

They are not rare by any means, but they were the equivalent of 20 EUR. The saddle was circa 11 EUR. I guess I will need to take more pictures of what I get, but I am one lazy bastard. Hunting and hustling are almost as important and fun as rebuilding. :)

Thanks,
Mx

I found some NOS Middleburn Ti self extracting crank bolts today in my LBS for a very reasonable price. Also today, I put my hand in the pocket of some Endura waterproof trousers I bought from a cylce jumble before xmas, and found an Endura multitube, which kept my ears warm on my little ride to the LBS and back. Result :D

New arrival at Bulls Tower. No prizes for guessing what these are ...

ceye.jpg

That scratch is on the packaging, not on the headlight itself. These are brand-new.
Now all I need is some rechargeable C cells and a charger. Not going to run regular ones like BITD.

I have another one of these front lights coming in, but that's 2nd hand and uses 4x AA batteries. That'll be going on the Scott, whereas these ... not sure yet. Perhaps some future retro project?

A set of CNC Pace RC-35 Magura mounts on German ebay.

I'd given up trying to find some and so had put the brakes into the parts bin. Really pleased I can finally fit them.

Once again i cannot for the life of me let a bargain slip by :oops:

This time it was a nice(see how i start to justify it so early on in the explanation ;) ) XT m756 front disc brake. On CRC reduced from about £100 to £34
Not a dual control so quite a bargain i thought.
Seems i got the last or of the last as theyve taken down the advert :D

Not bargains but I managed to catch 2 lots of my unicornrocking horse poo parts on the for sale forum this week.

Firstly a set of rc31 type C's with a 1" steerer.

secondly a hope cable disc brake caliper.

20' of brake outer for 2mm cables.

Back