'Sort of' newbie and Orange serial number query!

My NOS Vit T2....just need to win the lottery now so I can cover it in M900 XTR, Pace and Hope goodies!

Attachments

• DSC05731.JPG
    DSC05731.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 310
Mines a 93 but its a orange 'special' as it has a rare 1-1/8" headtube when most were 1".

Mine also doesn't have a welded on seat clamp but came with an orange collar.

Fwiw my seat tube is 28mm ID 28.6 OD and currently has a 25mm shimmed USE ti post in it.

Is that a silver pace stem on your Vit? Let me know if you tire of it!

Are you running discs with your RC 31s? I've heard the heat from the disc/calliper un-bonding the mag dropout from the carbon leg!

Have you removed the canti bosses from the rear?

That's why I call it a mongrel in my sig - the previous owner had the bosses and canti bridge ground off, one set of the cable guides drilled out and a rear IS mount added. Add that to the non standard head and seat tubes and its a bit of a Heinz 57!

You can have the stem - it's been replaced with a titec one - it was too short for me at 100mm. It's not the best cosmetically.

Shame the stem is 'cosmetically challenged'...as my Vit frame is new, I wanted to adorn it with as much eye candy as possible - any chance of a few pics for verification?!

1 1/8" is quite rare for '93 isn't it? Everything I had around then was 1" or 1 1/4"

I'll send you a pic or two later tonight. 1/8" was a very unusual size for orange back then - they were firmly in the 1" camp even on the alu models. If it wasn't for the fact that at least one other member has owned one with an 1/8" I would doubt its an orange - however he reckoned around 5 were built according to a source at orange - and since they were well known for chopping and changing their models and generally experimenting that's believable. It's also worth noting there were a few cracking issues with the Vit T which is why a lot of the Vit T2's were built by Sandvik instead of Abike like the mk1. I do wonder if the cracking is why there are a few 1/8" models - although from memory the cracking was around the BB.

My Vit T2 frame doesn't look to have been ridden - I believe it was an ex-display bike in a shop. It's got light marks from build but no signs of riding. When it's built up it'll be purely a sunny day / day out with the kids / ride to the pub bike - my other Oranges are for hammering!!

Another member reckons the serial number on my frame indicates A-Pro as the manufacturer - same as Abike?

Two of my Elite's cracked behind the BB - I think Orange are guilty of always shaving too much off around the chain stay and BB area - it'll no doubt provide a little more flex for comfort but weakens the triangle at the same time...mind, my Gary Fisher Montare didn't last long - cracked above BB on seat tube, all the way through. Almost had two halves of a bike half-way down the local downhill!

I think I did mean a-pro - I must admit I thought all the T2's were made by Sandvik until I read this thread. But since most RB'ers know more than me I'm assuming I'm wrong.

here are the pics of my 2000 black E4 :cool:

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 153
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 006.JPG