Rocky Mountain Bike / Frame

shutter":ra2nu2dy said:
captaincosmic":ra2nu2dy said:
Wow how tall are you I am 6'1" and its perfect

I'm 6' but come from the road bike world so I feel more comfortable on a larger frame...

Just to compare, my Rocky Mountain Fat City Flyer is 22' and fits nicely...

I guess it all comes down to riding style... But if you were in my area I would be willing to give it a test ride... =)

Oh well guess I won't pitch you on my '84 FCF then... or my '88 thunderbolt... though my '87 Turbo is a 57cm and it might be ok for you.

captaincosmic":c7b2tvzw said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=194258&hilit=Stratos

Probably postage is around £100

Original spec is DX
This has some upgrades which must have been made by the shop
XT rapidfire and Syncros bar

A bicycle from canada TO the UK is a lot... several hundred dollars. British royal mail will have different rates going the other way but figure a 20kg box weight and a 110cm x 60cm x 25cm box and hit the royal mail online postal calculator. But a quick guess is around 190 pounds which is roughtly $300.

Wow thats mad
I was working on just a frame costing £80 as thats what I was quoted the other day
And the Altitude only cost £60 from the states ! But customs hit me for £85 at this end

captaincosmic":1dclop7k said:
Wow thats mad
I was working on just a frame costing £80 as thats what I was quoted the other day
And the Altitude only cost £60 from the states ! But customs hit me for £85 at this end

Yep, postage from CA is very high. I know that guys who live near the border drive over to the US to post things!

Apparently royal mail hasnt caught up to dimensional calculations yet. Think about it, you can have objects that dont weigh a lot but use a lot of space in a cargo plane or truck, and when hauling cargo, vehicles usually bulk out on loads before they hit weight limits. All the courier companies now use box dimensions in the rate calculations now. Airlines do also. Why let a bicycle box fly for the same price as a couple cinderblocks ?

DeeEight":2lk2hcos said:
captaincosmic":2lk2hcos said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=194258&hilit=Stratos

Probably postage is around £100

Original spec is DX
This has some upgrades which must have been made by the shop
XT rapidfire and Syncros bar

A bicycle from canada TO the UK is a lot... several hundred dollars. British royal mail will have different rates going the other way but figure a 20kg box weight and a 110cm x 60cm x 25cm box and hit the royal mail online postal calculator. But a quick guess is around 190 pounds which is roughtly $300.

Yea... You are right... Something I have recently found out... It's probably better to look within Canada for a complete bike... But a really nice frame would still be worth it I guess...

Back