Is Peter Kay

azaro":feorf5gi said:
Poor man's Billy Connolly

I thought Billy Connolly was the poor man's Billy Connolly these days? My Dad summed him up perfectly, suggesting BC had basically turned into the very sort of person he'd have mercilessly sent up during those Parkinson appearances of old.

David

i must agree with Kitson's summation of Kay: "comedically lazy and overrated".

i didnt once think for even a quarks fart of a second that any of his material for comic relief was either 'comedic' or 'relieving'. and dont get me started on Gervais' damp squib of an attempt.

never really been a fan, but even back in Phoenix Nights day's i could understand the material and how it could be funny.

i hated his comic relief effort - an awkward attempt of an inverted/exaggerated form of John Bishop's efforts last year which did little to show any form of respect to what he accomplished through the apparant 'humour' and 'irony' that he probably thought he was portraying (or maybe didnt even care to).
Lazy, yes.
Overrated, yes - and probably even more so in his own mind.

Kay [and Gervais] have done little to maintain their material/acts. both now lazy with an overinflated ego. its like an unfunny guy telling you the same shit joke everyday for a year. thats how i feel whenever i am unfortunate enough to be in the same room when they're on the TV.

Both with notable contributions to the world of comedy (i enjoyed the Office and the occasional Phoenix Night), but they have done little to maintain themselves or even make way for better talent (Patrick McGuinnes and Karl Pilkington don't count).

can you tell i dont like these guys anymore?

I have to stand in for Billy Connolly.

He has mellowed, yes indeed.

Seen him a couple of times the last few years, and he can still bring it big time.

Don't feckin mention Michael McIntyre.

That is one unfunny plebbing prat.

He laughs at his own "jokes/quips" and if I ever met him I would kick him in the nuts so hard his mother's tonsils would feel it. :evil:

Bollock$. I mentioned him... :(

Back