Raleigh Dyna Tech Castorama , Laurent Fignon Replica

I bet they came from Henry Burton via Ebay...My effing BlackBerry wouldn't refresh fast enough for me to get my higher bid in!

Penfold6290":wy8u4bkp said:
I bet they came from Henry Burton via Ebay...My effing BlackBerry wouldn't refresh fast enough for me to get my higher bid in!

Hi Martin,
Just checked and it was :oops: ,what was going to be your max ?Sorry mate ,you still in need of some ?

TimeTrialAce":3t3b5bh8 said:
Penfold6290":3t3b5bh8 said:

Hi Martin,
Just checked and it was :oops: ,what was going to be your max ?Sorry mate ,you still in need of some ?

I was going to be at home when they finished but an impending tractor related emergency meant I had to go out so I placed my bid if £44 before I left, then kept an eye on the auction on my Blackberry (has a more useless ugly piece of tech ever come out of Canada?). I put £48 on when I saw I was outbid but the thing did not load in time...hey ho, there may be others in time. I have a pair on one set of Open 4CD but I wanted some to go on the other pair for the summer instead of the grooved Michelin Dynamic Classic that I have for winter.

M

Penfold6290":24ib02xh said:
TimeTrialAce":24ib02xh said:
Penfold6290":24ib02xh said:

Hi Martin,

I was going to be at home when they finished but an impending tractor related emergency meant I had to go out so I placed my bid if £44 before I left, then kept an eye on the auction on my Blackberry (has a more useless ugly piece of tech ever come out of Canada?). I put £48 on when I saw I was outbid but the thing did not load in time...hey ho, there may be others in time. I have a pair on one set of Open 4CD but I wanted some to go on the other pair for the summer instead of the grooved Michelin Dynamic Classic that I have for winter.

M

I had put in £67 so you would of lost out anyhow .....surely more will turn up ...!

Laurent Fignon did not compete on a Dyna-Tech in the Tour de France, prefering a French built frame. He did however win the Tour of Holland on one, but that has conventional twin stays. He never had a frame with the mono-spar, and the tyres he used were Michelin Hi-Lite Supercomp HD 23c.

That said, I think you will have a fantastic looking bike when you have it finished and sincerely hope you get out on it and enjoy it.

In the mean time, here is Le Professeur on his Dyna-Tech in the Tour of Holland.

Best regards

Attachments

• Fignon.jpg
    Fignon.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 986
Back