Singular Pegasus, rigid Ti 29er singlespeed

Singlespeeds like hills, but I respectfully disagree, they like flat terrain as well.

On the road or really smooth tracks there is indeed a limit to the RPM I can spin sensibly. But those are not the sections that matter to me, I can go easy too. It is on winding forest singletracks and proper off-road trails with mud, ridges, twists and turns and roots or loose sand the singlespeed is right on the money, in the sweetspot. I typically push 38-19 with the big wheels and that suits me just fine.

enjoy!!

Thats is a beauty! I have a Singular Swift SS. Would love to get the Titanium frame and build a real light weight race machine!

Any idea what your bike weighs?

Thanks

@ Neils she 's 9 and a bit kg, almost 10 with the Nobby Nic 2.35s fitted.

I just love riding it, The Singular is good for 50% of my rides, in fact most of my riding outside the Sunday morning group ride is on the Pegasus lately. Cannot get myself to convert her to gears as I intended earlier.

Enjoy!!

Shot some more pictures too, saved on MTBR. please note you need to have MTBR open to see them these days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally did it, rebuilt the Pegasus with gears, but with a twist.

As a Singlspeed pushing 38x19t I can get up almost anything on the Pegasus in my neck of the woods in Holland. But to take her along for the group ride I need to make enough speed on faster farmers tracks connecting the proper trails. All I would need is a couple of gears to get up to say 30ish kph. The Pegasus rear wheel is on a dedicated SS and I ended up fitting the core block of a 9-sped cassette 15-17-20-23 plus a single 13t cog on the short body. And for good measure added some suspension to the front end too. Looks like this:

p4pb9940157.jpg

Manitou crown a good fit for Ti and steel frames
p4pb9940159.jpg

p4pb9940158.jpg

One more, looks long due to handlebar turned in a little
p4pb9940161.jpg

And the gearbox
p4pb9940160.jpg

Enjoy!!

Back