Crappiest Packaging ever????

Thing is, what exactly is supposed to be going to happen to a 'lagged' only frame anyway? Certainly nothing compared to when it gets built up and ridden!

The only reason they come in boxes in the first place is because they get shipped out from the Far East by the 1000's in containers and it's easier to cram lots of small boxes into one big box!

I don't even have a problem with the complete bike sent 'as is' in the other photo...

...it's got a darn sight more protection than my bikes when I go somewhere by train to ride; and I still have to take the pedals off too!

Not having a go at the seller as the bars were wrapped with bubble wrap and were fine. But this is the funniest thing I've received:

1363307908811.jpg

And for the opposite, this is the box that CRC sent a pack of cable donuts in:

1363308019923.jpg

velomaniac":23aysxqc said:
...bike boxes are only available to those who have access to a bike retailer who has old boxes he's prepared to give away
...or those who have bought more bikes than they have sold :oops:

I've never had a problem getting boxes from a shop. They have to pay to get them taken away usually. They seem to like to get rid of them quite quickly, though, so it's worth phoning first so you can get one on a day when they've got a delivery and are building up a lot of bikes.

I was wondering the other day if there would be any milage in me offering a good quality bike box with sufficient packaging to comfortably wrap a bike that I could courier out to members via my workplace. I would have to speak to the bossman first but I could probably do it for about £10 (roughly our cost) which is a lot of money for a cardboard box but potentially much less hassle for folk living miles away from a decent bikeshop.
I re use lots but generally have to dispose of 5 or 6 a day which is a massive pain in the arse as they have to have all staples and tape removed then have to be cut into little pieces which are small enough to go into our paper recycling bin.

I had some forks warranty returned by CRC. They were in the original packaging (DT box) but unwrapped and unseale, not even an inch of sellotape, so anyone could tell what was in there and nowt to prevent the forks from falling out. Luckily, they arrived unscathed, although the box took some serious hits in transit.

i bought my kid a nintendo DS from ebay a while back, the selller bubble wrapped the box and left my £90 games machine rattling about inside, genius!

Back