MOTOR CHAT

There's a great car chase scene in Paris from the French movie 'Subway' starring Christophe Lambert and one of the first on screen sightings of Jean Reno featuring a Peugeot 205 GTi. Quite a good quirky movie too, the French are surprisingly good at quirky movies !

and probably the best at car chases, ronin, Taxi, transporter, half of the bond movies, you could even include french connection as that has french in the title :)

Hey chaps, Mrs B is thinking about replacing her company car (BMW 320 D efficient dynamics) with a Golf...

I'm not keen, have got used to the bm but she wants something smaller (and it is her car...)

Thoughts / opinions - I've said I don't want to go below a 2l engine (you need it to overtake safely down my way) or 160bhp (for the same reason) am I just being a snob???

woman along the road from me got rid of her hated passat for a 318 , loves it and the dealers
the passat was another unreliable vag product

Well the pug is home. Aside from a couple of dings and some faded paint on the roof it's in remarkably good nick for a 23 year old car. Started right up and was happy enough nipping along the M8. Came with most of a full service history from the place that originally sold it too. Its objective is to last til its MOT expires in August and on first impressions I'm quietly confident. Not hugely keen on the auto box but for £280 I'm not complaining!

don't buy a VW - mine is pish and has cost me more in parts and labour than the cost of my whole Alfa runabout, and I use a cheap garage. If is has a 6 speed box, is less than 2 litres and has a dual mass flywheel avoid like the plague. To give you an idea we bought an Alfa as a more reliable replacement while we have the engine rebuilt on the VW touran.

Back