anyone ridden the sandstone trail ?

just looked at the web site.
i'll have to see my mate about if a charity ride would be allowed ?
i'm sure there are plenty of places to ride if this isn't viable.
thanks for all the advice.

There's another trail runs parallel with it that's bridleway, name escapes me though...

There's always Cheshire Ring, quite a challenge in a day! Been saying I'll do it for a while but rather fancy a leisurely four days and camping in beer gardens... :cool:

I've not cycled on it but run around there quite regularly. I think most of it is a footpath as others have said.

There are some tricky bits around Helsby, where you would be carrying your bike up/down steps cut into the rock etc, pretty hairy when wet.

Think this bit is known locally as Jacobs Ladder.......

Attachments

• 04072012962sm.JPG
    04072012962sm.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,030
The Sandstone Trail is practically all on footpaths, so apart from the legal issues it's also likely to be full of gates and styles, so not very practical either.

There is the Bishop Bennet's way which elPedro has alluded to. This is all on bridleways and other cycle friendly rights of way.
Not sure if it's any good though in terms of riding.

You are not that far from the southern end of the Pennine Bridleway and the North Wales coast cycleway though Jeff.
Very different rides from each other but certainly worth considering for a charity ride. I'm not suggesting you do the whole distances mind...

[ moved this to the North West section btw ]

Back