New Guerciotti project and help identifying the frame

Esperame

Dirt Disciple
Hello folks
This is my new project a unknown frame made by Guerciotti with Athen Campagnolo group I received this bike from a friend of mine who received it from another friend so I do not nothing about it. I have been searching in the web and the group set a mix of Athen and Chorus are dated in the early '90 period, but the frame seems to be kind of rare since I can not find any info.
I hope you can give me some advices in the restoration process in things like cleaning and polishing methods, the bike is complete but sadly to small for me thats why I am planning to restore it and display it in my living room until a correct size and date appears.
I promise some better pics in the near future please enjoy the view

frameset_zpsbb1c0adb.jpg

Lug2_zps0c89e7ce.jpg

serialnumber_zpsf1e44c0f.jpg

Lug3_zps925bd445.jpg

lug4_zps62a268e3.jpg

Headtube_zps13f15ce3.jpg

Lug1_zpsdf3b9d78.jpg

Any info that can lead me to identify and date the frame will be highly appreciate. As you see the frame is carbon bonded to alloy lugs, I can bring the lugs to live but I have no clue about the carbon tubes, so please feel free to suggest any approach.
I will be posting the advance of this project so you can take part of it.

Thanks in advance for take time to view and help

Midlife":153n0l7l said:
Looka like a panto'd later ALAN to me.........

Not my area of expertise though.

Shaun

IIRC Guerciotti subbed their alloy / carbon bonded frame manufacture out to ALAN for a while whilst making all their 'traditional' steel frames in house.

vivelesalpes":3a02fpi1 said:
Midlife":3a02fpi1 said:
Looka like a panto'd later ALAN to me.........

Not my area of expertise though.

Shaun

IIRC Guerciotti subbed their alloy / carbon bonded frame manufacture out to ALAN for a while whilst making all their 'traditional' steel frames in house.

Pretty much the message I'd have posted - on the CX scene I'd always assumed that bonded alloy Guerciottis were just "badge-engineered" ALANs.

David

That's just fancy marketing speak for Guerciotti alloy and carbon bonded frames are Alan frames with "Guerciotti" transfers, ie they are just rebranded/rebadged Alan frames.

Yes, at least as far as I can see. Since this project is just for the pleasure of the view ( it is not to be ride) any trick to visually repair the carbon fiber tubes

After a few hours of love and elbow grease I finished my first resto project. As I said this bike is to small to be ride that is why I decided to keep it at living room until a right sized steel italian frames appears and becomes my vintage ride.
Some pics to your consideration.

2013-03-29201702_zps7645f479.jpg

2013-03-29202624_zpsd880ac39.jpg

2013-03-29202647_zps5094ac0d.jpg

2013-03-29202745_zps1d36acb5.jpg

WOW! That's some fancy wall hangar :shock:

It just shows what a good clean and polish can produce.

Hi,

The bike looks great, it is a pity my wife won't let me hang any of mine in the house.

Richard

Back