'89 Raleigh Quadra Series II - £300 SOLD

Hmca

Dirt Disciple
1989 Raleigh Quadra SeriesII - £400 - open to offers
➡️ Now selling at £350 - still open for sensible offers :LOL:

:!: Ok - i am happy to sell this for £300!!!!! I won't drop the price again - but will welcome sensible offers.
Come on, so many good retrobike members are acknowledging that this is belter. Who is up for giving it a new home? :!: :LOL:

Handbuilt - Reynolds 531 frame and fork

size 59.5cm

Original factory specification:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 9.pdf.html

I bought this to ride, but it is a bit too big for me, so selling to raise funds for ongoing projects.

The bike is in excellent condition - natural paint wear in terms of finish but this is minimal - 95% perfect - with no touch ups or repairs. 5% minimal brown surface spots - naturally due to age/rust spotting.

The frame is straight and ding free.

The components - Shimano 105 throughout - are pristine.

Some yellow tape to the left hand drop (as pictured) - otherwise totally pristine.

What struck me when I bought it was how original it actually was - bottle, pump, reflective tyres, lycra saddle. It's all there! The tyres and rims are in perfect condition - annodised grey and mint!
The pedals are Exage platform with white Christophe straps - included.

Bottom line is the bike is mechanically and aesthetically awesome, completely original factory spec and very well preserved since 1989.

I was over the moon with this bike - a classic handbuilt lightweight 1989 - preserved exceptionally well and looking exceedingly fresh - as you can see!

Happy for viewing or collection - Perth city area. Sensible postage of approx £25 if required.

Let me know if you want more photo's.

Anyone interested? Totally open to offers!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 3,773
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,773
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 3,773
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 3,772
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 3,773
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 3,773
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 3,772
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 3,773
That is an absolutely stunning example and very reasonably priced in my humble opinion.

Bikes like these are iconic. Yes they were mass produced as opposed to a custom made one off special but it's for that reason that people recognise them and are willing to pay for nostalgia. Now it's a retro bike, rare in this condition, that I'd happily pay the asking price if I could afford it, 20 years time it will be a classic in extremely rare original condition and should be worth even more.

What I'm trying to say in a long winded kinda way is that this bike is an investment. I wish I had the money to buy it and hang it up for the next 20 years....

Lots of views but no interest!

Tel's advice is spot on - many thanks.

So decision made.

If not sold in the next 48hrs I am going to strip it, box it and archive it for at least 20 years!

Then bring this beauty back out again. :D

Glad you said strip and box and not strip and sell!

You could try again in the summer, this is a very poor time of year to be selling. Alternatively if you can afford to keep it then you'll be onto a winner with an original bike in that condition in a few more years time.

Re: 1989 Raleigh Quadra SeriesII - orginal spec - £450 offer

This bike is having a nice and cosy winter nap - but if you want me to wake it up then just ask.
It's still for sale and i am still open to offers. I have too many ongoing projects that i want to complete this spring.
I let the guys at the Bike Station in Perth see it and once again it raised a few mmmmmm's!!!!!
If you are interested or wanting to make a sensible offer then please get in touch!

Re: '89 Raleigh Quadra SeriesII - original - price drop - £4

Check out the new price!
Now winter is coming to an end my other projects are really calling!!!!!
Anyone interested?

Yes I'm interested, but cannot afford it :(

honestly cannot believe that it has not been snapped up!

Nice bike, it looks in very good condition. Would like to see a picture of the front drop out area, rear drop out area and the rear lower stay chain side, please.

Hope these do the trick - let me know.
Took the skewer's off for clarity.
All in it is totally original and the paint work overall is pretty spot on - certainly for a '89 bike.
The components are fresh and have had little use.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 2,753
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,753
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,752
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg