BoTM March 2013 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
= if you dont try ....... you'll never know eh............. sorta know what you mean tho, but hey... mine came from a £25 frame from ringo and I'm proud of my machine, and I only threw a couple of quid at it

I sold a cindercone frame for twenty five quid! :shock: Business must have been slow!

Still it looks a million dollars better than when it left Ringo Towers! Nice job..

Mkozaczek's 1989 Doug Bradbury Manitou

Read the story behind the bike here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234819&hilit=doug+bradbury+manitou

DSC_0616copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0803-vi.jpg

stumpjumper1990":1lploour said:
I'll enter my 1994 S-Works M2 FSX with full XTR. Just finished it today. Here are some quick pics without pedals.... I will post some new pics with pedals before the poll starts!

Here's the build thread viewtopic.php?p=1517190

2013-03-02%252015.32.11.jpg

2013-03-02%252015.35.41.jpg

Some great, wonderful steeds this month (Manitou is amazing and Sam Sparro would LOVE the Yeti!), but merely on a personal level...

Oh my.... :shock:

If you ever think of selling (and if the money happens to be there at the same time!) let me know please :D

Cheers

Wondered when Mkozaczek's Mani was going to make its BOTM appearance! Definite favourite for me and will probably end up being my BOTY too - love it.

Probably looking to get the poll up later this week so get your entries on earlier rather than later.

Poll fans will be glad to know that all being well once again BoTM will be a blind poll until the time expires and also that new users (with less than 10 posts) will be unable to vote...

2013 has not been my year, after a serious accident on my Rossin Adventure 5 weeks ago, I broke my shoulder and the humerus, and a little more ... The only good thing is that I even had some time to sort out some of my bike pictures and make a small contribution to BOTM March finished.

Now to my post, is a 1993 Sycip.

The frame is fully fillet brazed, featuring Ritchey Logic Fork, Shimano XT, Ritchey Logic Parts, Salsa stem, Titec Handlebar, Panaracer tires, etc. ..

I have written to Jeremy & Jay if they can tell me what the context, as it was one of their first Models had to be, then I got the following reply:

That’s super cool.
It was one of our first frames sent to Germany in 1993.
Jay Sycip hand painted those logos on there.
Can I put that picture up on our website?

Thanks, Jeremy

This is one of our frames made 1993. I painted the frame myself. We just powdercoat now. Tubeset is either Tange Prestige or Ritchey logic tubing w/c is made by Tange as well. What a blast from the past. We always wondered what happen to those 5 frames that went to Germany.

Jay SyCip..."

The 5 frame which was sent 1993 to Euro bike, probably the first frame were Sycip have ever come to Europe.
Two of the 5 frames that were came to Germany was made of Ritchey pipes, one of which is mine.

Sycip 1993 _01 von veloliebe auf Flickr

Sycip 1993 _02 von veloliebe auf Flickr

As always it is difficult to find two pictures from, who wants to see more of what can look at here,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75638031@N ... 039616218/

have fun and always healthy ride;-)

Daniel

Daniel

just another fine Bike of yours.
I love this one.

you got my vote buddy
cheers kay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back