Newbie with my retro Raleigh road bike

retroraleigh44

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, I'm Seb. I myself am recently new to the more old school/retro style bikes. Before buying the bike I have now I rode a Merida Ride 75 with Carbon Forks. There was nothing wrong with the bike but after a while I felt i wanted something a little bit different. I sold the Merida and bought this.. A Raleigh Aquilus. It's a large frame, which I prefer as I like to be stretched out and not feel hunched. I have cleaned it up, and had the wheels trued, put some new handlebar tape on, took all decals off and made a few other adjustments to it. I'm assuming all the parts are original as the bike is in such good condition but not 100%

I have bought a brown saddle online which I will put on the bike when it gets delivered, also looking at buying some look Keo pedals for it as I sold my last set with my previous bike. I don't really know too much about this bike as there doesn't seem to be much info online about the bike. Whether this is because no one wants to know about these bikes anymore I don't know, :shock: but I love it. The way it rides, looks and the speed this bad boy can get up to!!!

I am looking at buying some steel short mudguards for it also so if anyone has any ideas where I can buy some I would appreciate it. Well that's about it so ill post up a pic of the bike. :) let me know what you think.

Hi,

Welcome to RB, pics are always an attraction (hint hint) sorry i don't have any info on your bike but others here will know it. From my own recent experience, it is easier to buy from Rb than ebay - less stressful and you know what you will pay to buy an item. I will concede that ebay is useful but it is incredibly annoying too.

Good luck with the build,

Richard

If you upload them to Photobucket or similar site and then select the code for posting on forums etc copy and paste the link in your thread that should work although it might be a little awkward using an iPad.

Richard

I have posted the bike in the 'for sale' section and have created an album through photo bucket and posted the link. Thank you

Seb :)

Back