The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

what is best deal to send whole bike to ireland .

will look at usual suspects tonight but wondered if any of you guys had some previous experiences .

please everyone do not use city link for anything. biggest cow boys in the game afaic.

booked for collection on friday before 4. no show.

contacted them today and their reason was "un-known"

waiting in today for them. was told pick up by 12 for the hassle of friday. not shown yet 1pm.

just phoned them, been told they may not turn up today either. two days lost pay for me then. oh and the refund to the chap who bought the bike.

John":puqvd2pl said:
Has anyone ever used these chaps > http://www.transglobal.org.uk/australia/

Trying to send a frame to Oz, their quote is good but haven't heard / used them before.

The problem with frames is the size, once you start entering realistic dimensions it gets expensive.

I posted a frame to Oz today from the post office. Surface mail at £52.40 or airmail at £66. That was for a 3.5kg parcel. Maximum length is 105cm, which is the only restriction.

Anyone know if there's another thread on here similar to this one? I posted in it a while a go but can;t remember :?

I've just shipped a Saracen to the US using Transglobal.
The buyer didn't want the fitted rims and tires (but did want the NOS rims I'd bought for the project), but other than that it was a complete bike.
I got the box down to 100x22x60 and an approx weight of 14kg's.
It was collected last night at after 5pm, and is already showing as being in Kentucky!
The price was £67, which I thought was excellent value for that level of service.
The proof will be when it arrives in California, and if it's in the same condition it left in

Shipping From US Using USPS

There seems to be a lot of debate about the Customs charges, etc., and which carrier is best in terms of avoiding them.

Just picked up a used frame, so I will put the info on here for guidance.

Swings and roundabouts with parcels from abroad, but if you get stung and want to sort it out it helps to know the rules.

The VAT is calculated on the combined declared value and postage cost.

You can avoid the postage part of that is your seller will mark as gift and use ordinary post.

If this seller had marked gift I may have ended up tax free, but I like to pay my taxes.

:)

Attachments

• usps.jpg
    usps.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 11,137
  • Dragon 009.JPG
    Dragon 009.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 11,137
  • dragon 004.JPG
    dragon 004.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 11,137
Back