1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Methinks an upgrade a BSO comp might be fun. Get something heavy and rubbish in the frame dept. then fit it with nice kit, ride and photo it and write a wee report on it and whether you think it has been notably improved or not :LOL:

Methinks I wil be upsetting a few anti Raleigh purists but this will be done,some xtr so far,light forks too....so if anyone else wants to karma any light stuff feel free (cheeky git) :LOL: :LOL:

This is never going. So don't think im trying to profit :):)

i've often wondered what an Apollo would do if some decent kit were strapped to it.
are we limiting it to Raleigh BSOs? or literaly anything? come on, lets get some rules drafted!

I have an Apollo I could try with. It's SWMBO bike. At the moment it has SRT-800 Xrays on it cos the original gripshift broke. But I did wonder what decent kit would be like on it.

With all this talk of heavy bikes I though I'd weigh my Claud Butler Virago:

CB2.jpg

A dissapointingly svelte 34lbs, however with both locks attached, which is how it's usually ridden, I can push that up to 41.4lbs. :D

Just been reading through this thread in fascination after i have spent the whole afternoon stripping and cleaning my Activator 2!

I used to have an Activator 2 as a kid but it got stolen and i never replaced it. But fortune graced me with picking one up a couple of years ago on a local freecycle site.

I am by NO means a die hard Mountain biker these days, but i use this bike to travel around 5-10 miles a day in the spring and summer, Yes it is heavy, yes it is clunky, but it is actually a lovely ride, The front suspension is not the best but does cushion slightly and bar from the rear gear clicker sticking (which has now been WD40'd and is smooth as anything) it has has bugger all go wrong with it!

First post but i thought i would add my 2pence worth supporting this old beauty :D

Welcome darkslide . I have still to use mine this year,its still guarding my collection, still with the same air pressure in the tyres faultless and bullet proof although I did snap the cheap chain once,its never let me down :)

Back