Square taper, grease or not!!!!

only since the accident ..they said it was just a theory about a square peg in a round hole

hollister":2cizgd0c said:
And boom! Right back to trying to use a quill as an example of why you should grease a taper

I knew that wouldn't take long

but they are both interference fits though aren't they?

you just assemble them in a different way to get a similar effect - you turn your handle bars, you turn your cranks....just with different amounts of forces applied...

[i'm trying to write this with a straight face, but at 22pages i just figured anything goes from here on....]

twain":1l2qa0uw said:
[i'm trying to write this with a straight face, but at 22pages i just figured anything goes from here on....]

:LOL:
I've stopped using bolts in order to save weight so now I slather on a liberal coating of Marmite* and bash them on with a convenient rock.

Then just repeat once a mile, hey presto, simple solution. Incidentally, does not having a bolt mean that they're an interference fit?

*This does nothing, I just like the smell

elPedro666":2oo98j3j said:
twain":2oo98j3j said:

:LOL:
I've stopped using bolts in order to save weight so now I slather on a liberal coating of Marmite* .......

*This does nothing, I just like the smell

if you like the smell but dont have any marmite, just pull a massive skid on some dry stretch of road, quickly run round to the back of your bike and ram your nose firmly against the hot bald patch on your tyre.

Grease is the word
It's got groove, it's got meaning
Grease is the time, is the place, is the motion
Grease is the way we are feeling

That is all...

Listen you guys, if you're gonna bump, you gotta sing the words.

Everybody sings, everybody dances - else I'm out with the boomstick and picturing people in crosshairs. Capiche?

Neil":efggqoz5 said:
Listen you guys, if you're gonna bump, you gotta sing the words.

Everybody sings, everybody dances - else I'm out with the boomstick and picturing people in crosshairs. Capiche?

Talk is cheap...
Heavy.gif

Back