fignon's handlebars

Matt_wood55":f4n0bab8 said:
bigfatron":f4n0bab8 said:
thank you bodie - i only have old rides, the 653 is my most recent bicycle.
at the base of my post is the list of my super u/castorama frames, including the dead - i also have a vitus from 1984 (partington cycles) and a systeme u colours gitane from 1987.
so all my rides are on downtube shifters - i've never ridden with bar controls!

colnagoc59 - i have made a note, citta di bassano i have heard of but never seen one for sale, so i will search!

Matt - both you and i are unlucky people then (you should play golf with me) but we both have great frames - my frame number is by the downtube, as is yours as the bb shell is exactly as your picture. unlucky or what?!

my choice to ride on tubs and not clinchers.....in the 1980s, when i were a lad, i dreamt of riding on tubs. now that i can afford to choose the rims and rubber i ride on, it's tubs only. i have to say, they don't feel like hard work, as per the research into rolling resistance, and it seems like you just kiss the tarmac as it slides beneath you. beautiful, even if they are only vittoria rally, and a long time in coming!

richie
Could it be good luck though!! Have Cyfac confirmed that's it's not one of theirs? It will certainly be strange if it's not - seemingly not Raleigh, not Cyfac, but two frames in Castorama livery with a very unusual bottom bracket! Maybe we are due some luck (I am the same as you in golf terms as well!!)

Cheers
Matt

Richie

My frame has just arrived today. The frame number is very faint, 290 583 on the bottom bracket. The 290 being above the 583. Also stamped on the bottom bracket is MT. Initials of a rider, but not sure who. I have emailed Cyfac to see if this is one of theirs. Got to get a respray on it though, it's not good.

Cheers
Matt

fiks":25ucxnvx said:
Marie, Thierry?
I would take that!! I doubt it though, that would be too good to be true. Waiting on a reply from Cyfac to see if it is one of theirs, so we shall see. One thing that did concern me was that the forks weren't original, but they have the same ID as the frame so I am OK there.

It's a nice light frame. Terrible paint job so now weighing up where it's sent for a refurb. If it is a Cyfac, then I think it has to go to them. Otherwise Mercian (I am 30 mins away) or Argos

Matt

Im loving this attention to detail along with Bodie, im afraid I cant add anything here but the Thierry Marie may be right , look at pictures of him , the frame size is a good starting point I'd guess. RBOTM could be good if these all come together soon.

rusty bodie":27e651ly said:
bigfatron":27e651ly said:
so all my rides are on downtube shifters - i've never ridden with bar controls!
richie

i salute you, sir!!! i was riding up a local climb on my corsa record 753 and these two
racing snakes powered past me - one did a "double take" at my bike and burst out
laughing at my downtube shifters!! :evil: i was so incensed that he was slagging
off my pride and joy (especially when he was riding a plastic blob and no doubt
cost three times what mine did) that i got the rage, threw it into the big ring and
blasted past them over the top and lost them on the descent!! :twisted:

idiots.

:roll:

Im taking my retro bikes out on the local chain gang when the weather improves, lets dish it out to them! Mates of mine that could sprint (I couldnt) changed gear with their knee in finishes. Also funny, I was riding with Jeff Williams last year (anyone remember him? Pro for Rayleigh , and did the 1980's C4 tour de france opening credits) he's had 20 years off the bike, he was riding a top of the range Pinarello, we got to the top of a hill, and...he reached down for the downtube gear lever! some habits never leave you!

Doubledee":1yo94105 said:
Im loving this attention to detail along with Bodie, im afraid I cant add anything here but the Thierry Marie may be right , look at pictures of him , the frame size is a good starting point I'd guess. RBOTM could be good if these all come together soon.
I have had a look at some pics, seems about the right size. Would be well chuffed if the frame has some history like that. I contacted Cyfac with the frame number today, so maybe they will be able to shed some light on it. It will be a long time before it's on the road though - skint!!

Matt

Matt_wood55":sdea6iwh said:
Doubledee":sdea6iwh said:
I have had a look at some pics, seems about the right size. Would be well chuffed if the frame has some history like that. I contacted Cyfac with the frame number today, so maybe they will be able to shed some light on it. It will be a long time before it's on the road though - skint!!

Matt

Fingers crossed! That would be brilliant let us all know ASAP

Matt_wood55":v807aqh1 said:
Doubledee":v807aqh1 said:

Matt
At the Het Volk race around '92 we gave Thierry Marie and Mauro Gianetti a lift back to the finish when they'd packed because of the cold and wet (about normal for Het Volk!). Seemed like a nice boy. He told us he was a fan of Lotus Cortina's. I've still got his Festina bottle he gave me as a thankyou. Funnily enough, the first couple of times I used it I went really well......................

Well, I am happy as a pig in shit. See reply from Cyfac....

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your email.. and your Raleigh Frame is surely a Cyfac one ! MT means Thierry Marie I think. Do you have pictures of it to check?

We can respray the frame and the price ( between 300€ and 500€ + 30€ for shipping cost) will depend of the painting you wish.

For your info, find as below a Laurent Fignon Replica color made on a very recent order !

Best Regards,

Aymeric Le Brun,

CYFAC INTERNATIONAL

Respray expensive, but I think the frame deserves it???

Back