Crappiest Packaging ever????

In a box it can be anything, the posty does not know its a bike and thus might sling ton of other stuff on top. A bike framed package is more obviously a bike and might get kinder treatment. Plus as I've said before, the only dameaged frame I ever received came in a box. Further bike boxes are only available to those who have access to a bike retailer who has old boxes he's prepared to give away.

I've worked for courier companies and trust me, your box WILL be thrown, dropped, kicked stood on and buried under stacks of other parcels, absolutely no exceptions if it's going through the system.

Boxes are much more likely to be stood on so I'm not sure what to think about that, pot luck either way really :?

But ffs SPACE THE DROPOUTS!

One of the tall Ambrosia rice pudding tins is a good drop out spacer plus you get to empty it first, mmmmmmmmmm :D

I did get a set of wheels, cassette and skewers still fitted just put in a bin bag and brown taped lightly to seal the bag. No other packaging of any sort - no idea how they arrived in one piece ( bag was shredded around the cassette obviously), when I have had items packed with great care arrive damaged.

Personally for frames I try and lag the tubes, then box them, and space the drop outs front andrearwith a block of wood or if I have anything, the specific plastic things for the task.

And oddly bike boxes can be hard to get a hold off now. The LBS's nearest me all recycle their cardboard nowadays.

Good for the polar bears, bad for people wanting to ship 2nd hand frames.

Over the years i've had 2 frames arrive in just a black bin bag ! no other protection..........i was amazed both arrives very safely. Both arrived with the normal letter post as i guess the posties thought, eh up best be careful ( thank god)

Tazio":1iwkwnxq said:
And oddly bike boxes can be hard to get a hold off now. The LBS's nearest me all recycle their cardboard nowadays.

Good for the polar bears, bad for people wanting to ship 2nd hand frames.

Bike boxes are the bane of my life. I always have mountains of them if anybody ever wants them.

I was rather alarmed when this landed with the box wide open and the back end of the frame on the wrong side of the cardboard. Amazingly the only paint damage was sustained on the inside of the box.

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 105
Back