Jeff Jones

Well, just back in after a 25K test ride. I set off with 10 psi in to gauge the handling, first thing I noticed that on tarmac there was less noticeable drag than I expected and it sounded like a JCB, though first climb showed the Jones to be much slower and I had to work much harder than usual and attack the climbs. First section of roots I found it much bumpier than usual so I dropped some more air out probably to 8-9 psi and found this to be a good compromise.
After a few K's I got used to the extra weight on the front end and really started to enjoy it, purposely nose diving into deep mud and the bike did not flinch. I then started to play some more and found it great fun launching of roots and tree stumps and comfortable landings. I even beat a Starva segment time of mine on a tight twisty piece of single track, think this is going to be a lot of fun……... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    840.1 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 548
Small update, now fitted some Jones Loop bars instead of the cuts, slightly wider and better for honking on the bars during steep climbs

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_1970.jpg
    IMG_1970.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 486
theredchili":1bp8rkxt said:
saltyman":1bp8rkxt said:
:cool: cool bikes missing mine now!

Would fit nicely too between your Fargo and Moonlander ;)

Is that no the Krampus :)

I'm waiting to see if a 29+ clearance version comes out.

Back