Retrobike Sports Casuals vs. MM08 Training Log

The Lewis Method - Advanced Mentor Programme

Cycled to the veldrome and back on Thursday with my SAS mentor riding shotgun. The next morning he had me up with the larks riding across marshes and bogs, then time trialling through treacherous singletrack. Next up was an XC run on foot followed by lessons in how to bury evidence deep in the woods...

Capt K

Re: The Lewis Method - Advanced Mentor Programme

mrkawasaki":3v0tey2d said:
Next up was an XC run on foot followed by lessons in how to bury evidence deep in the woods...

Both the Captain and I were far quicker on foot than on the bike so I'm recommending throwing the bike in a hedge at the start of each lap and then retrieving a different one just before the finish (surely that's why they issue two numbers?)

Saturday, 40 mins on the TT, 10 up/20 hard/10 down.

Sunday, 2 hours on the trails, 1hr steady and 1hr hard (in beautiful sunshine :D ).

Time to kickstart my regime, after 5 months of carbo-loading and no cycling I think I've built up enough glycogen stores.

Will begin the whole thing by riding the HONC next Sunday, rigid and singlespeed.

ok I started training this week,

Thursday 11 mile road: 2 mile flat then 2 miles uphill, then a few ''dry boaks'' and another mile then and an other wretch decided to turn back and did an easy 6 on the way home.

Saturday 10 mile v easy forest track/ road mix - flat. [or as flat as it gets around here]

Sunday 10 miles road/track, fast and flat. bunny hops and used grass when available for extra effort. Music listened to - Bloc Party - Deep Purple - Pink Floyd - Led Zeppelin.

Probably try and do a 10 mile flat every second night now with longer session at the weekend mainly offroad.

I still feel really unfit though - need to find my pace for the hills again as ''fast as I can'' doesn't seem to work anymore than a mile or so.

Update: Found a route with 5 road and 4 offroad - really muddy good twighlight fun, can't wait for the lichty nichts.

Beginning to push really hard in my turbo training sessions, and also doing my local loop twice, instead of the usual one lap at the weekends.

Feeling the presure though, as its just under 2 months to D-Day :shock:

Pickle":2pze3tte said:
Feeling the presure though, as its just under 2 months to D-Day :shock:

I don't think any of Team B are feeling the pressure yet :roll:

Jango, Heathy, SalvageTech - please update me on your training regimes (if any) :LOL:

jango":9nuwj7bg said:
Jango, Heathy, SalvageTech - please update me on your training regimes (if any)

We're going for a bimble around Chicksands tonight aren't we :LOL:

Bimble? I thought we were doing sprints and hill intervals?

errr...yes, sorry Capt'n.....sprints at intervals it is..........long intervals in my case :roll:

Back