Temple Newsam - Revisited. 16.03.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant!

I don't mind mud and stuff, just want to know if I want to drive a 4hr round trip for a rainy/snowy ride like I done today.

elPedro666":3uqf3tic said:
I've got a 12V washer folks are welcome to use, but it doesn't hold much water so if you'd like a go please just bring as much water as you can! Preferably warm :cool:

i've got a 5 gallon window cleaning bucket that i will fill up and bring along :cool:

After my last ride in the Yorkshire dales with Uncle Vern this ride will be sub tropical :D I don't care if it snows or how muddy it is because I am fed up of being stuck in the House, I have 4 bikes fully serviced and ready to go and a van for transport but the weather is doing my head in, it feels like it has been winter for 18 months now :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mathew if for any reason your bike is not ready you can use the On One, I know it's not Reynolds 853 but it will give you a feel for steel

See you all on Saturday

I'm out think, have had a bad throat / cold all week and I'm shattered after being up every night. Will still make it if I get better.

Cheers for the offer Stu but it's ready, borrowed a mates seatpost (hopefully Longun 's bringing me one anyway), got some mech shims, headset spacers and gear cables from local lbs (not as local now they've moved). BB cable guide is retro (off my MF frame) and it's all chucked together and I was riding round workshop last night , just got to get a 26mm (bloody fox using awkward sizes) socket and some fork oil to get the forks from 90>100mm travel and give them a quick service and we're good to go. Initial test feels very manouverable but a bit heavier (that M5 frame is so bloody light when stripped ) than the Stumpy.
Roll on Saturday.
Matthew

marc two tone":3ra0q5q8 said:
elPedro666":3ra0q5q8 said:
I've got a 12V washer folks are welcome to use, but it doesn't hold much water so if you'd like a go please just bring as much water as you can! Preferably warm :cool:

i've got a 5 gallon window cleaning bucket that i will fill up and bring along :cool:

Excellent, we should set up a reasonably priced washing service, cover the diesel costs... ;) :LOL:

Well it's together so here's my slightly modified (a la triggers broom) 1991 Muddy fox !, the steed of choice for Saturday and to test if steel is any good !
Matthew

Attachments

• 2013-03-14_17-11-24_676.jpg
    2013-03-14_17-11-24_676.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 512
Matthews":t2m73h69 said:
Well it's together so here's my slightly modified (a la triggers broom) 1991 Muddy fox !, the steed of choice for Saturday and to test if steel is any good !
Matthew
is that old car on the ramp cheap? :D

That "old car on the ramp " is about £18k's worth of new mgb (well it was all new about 18mnths/2 years ago), the red one on the left of the pic may be for sale soon at a much more reasonable price tag.
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back