Raleigh 1983 531C

Percybigun":1volxog8 said:
Cool ta.

I dont suppose you know the weight of the 531 forks that was on it? That is assuming the bike had them.

Never had the fork but I'd guess close to 1 kg

Lovely bike, I like the blend of modern and old, you have built something truly useful AND great looking there.

Lugs are identical to my '79 Carlton Professional, which was identical to the '79 Raleigh Professional, so I'm pretty sure you have an '83 Raleigh Professional frame there.

Loverly! :D

gavr":2hpgsi3r said:
Percybigun":2hpgsi3r said:
Cool ta.

I dont suppose you know the weight of the 531 forks that was on it? That is assuming the bike had them.

Just weighed some off a similar size frame (but low stack-height) ... Dead on 750g. (Accuracy of scales not guaranteed!)

torqueless":24k8n8z6 said:
gavr":24k8n8z6 said:
Percybigun":24k8n8z6 said:
Cool ta.

Just weighed some off a similar size frame (but low stack-height) ... Dead on 750g. (Accuracy of scales not guaranteed!)

The carbon's not much less then with the aluminum steerer

Captain Vimes":3b4uh1t5 said:
Lugs are identical to my '79 Carlton Professional, which was identical to the '79 Raleigh Professional, so I'm pretty sure you have an '83 Raleigh Professional frame there.

Loverly! :D

There doesn't appear to be a Professional in the 83 catalogue though and the team replica in 531C has the shot in stays

Back