What 7 /8 speed chains are you using?

Hotwheels.":19yocoeq said:
Rohloff SLT 99 if you can find one...the Rolls Royce of chains.

Was waited for someone to say this. Have never forgiven my then LBS for lobbing mine in the bin when I bought a new frame and had the bits moved across.

Found a nos one for my Vit T :)

Having got a measly 500 miles out of the SRAM PG 950 chain that came fitted to one of my bikes I had a look around the web for something longer lasting and came across this article: http://www.cantitoeroad.com/chains.

The test is conducted by Wipperman the manufacturer of Connex chains, but provided they haven't outright lied it looks to be a fair test. However, one thing the tests don't cover is the price, so I decided to find out and using Google shopping to find the best prices for the chains here's what I came up with:

Chains.gif

I have been using Campagnolo Record 9 speed chains ever since I first came across this article a couple of years ago and they easily outlast the SRAM and Shimano chains I've used in the past. Two of them I have, have done well over the paultry 500 miles I got out of the SRAM chain and according to my chain wear checker tool are nowhere near 0.75% wear yet.

Back