rare retro klein road bike with ruby rock shocks

No it's good, the more you learn , the more useful you can be...I must admit I kinda fancy it myself, esp. in the light of your info...I thought some twonk had bought a beautiful klein and slapped some random forks on it! shocking error :shock:

Hats off to your knowledge Chris d.

I remember reading up on these a while ago not mtb forks but suspension road forks. Made for road races on cobbeled streets.like the one in Paris. I think hence the name ruby for the forks. But I read they didn't last long as they were deemed an unfair advantage. That's why I have advertised the bike as rare as this set up is rare it is the first and only set up like this I have ever seen. I spoke to a guy in a bike shop in guisborough he said he had heard of them but mime was the first he had seen in the flesh and he had worked with bikes for over 20 years. And there fore the valueation he gave me. I have lowered it a bit as I think he over egged it.

ffitchie":2r4afgph said:
But I read they didn't last long as they were deemed an unfair advantage.
They didn't last long as none of the pros liked them! And they didn't work so well. Bit bouncy, bit heavy.
The best solution is (basically) what they still do now. A road frame with semi CX geometry, longer stays, more fork offset, slightly relaxed angles.

Or, if the weathers bad, a CX bike on road tyres!

Tho a nice light, modern air fork, with a lock out might be a an option..... Could probably get them down under a kilo without too many issues.

(Unless the UCI have actually banned them!)

Thanks for the info!I stand corrected. You guys on here know your stuff. I am just a donut who uses a bike for a bit of fitness in the summer when am not playing rugby.

mattr":atwmj4ge said:
ffitchie":atwmj4ge said:
They didn't last long as none of the pros liked them! And they didn't work so well. Bit bouncy, bit heavy.

Do not know about the unfair advantage. If I remember correctly Team Mapei had them on there Colnagos. Is that what Mapei rode? Mapei went onto dominate the Northern Classics but not until they dropped the forks.

Look further down the page and there is a Seaco Silkroad. Cannondales alternative for road pro's.

Chris D":3eaivgs5 said:
mattr":3eaivgs5 said:
ffitchie":3eaivgs5 said:

Do not know about the unfair advantage. If I remember correctly Team Mapei had them on there Colnagos. Is that what Mapei rode? Mapei went onto dominate the Northern Classics but not until they dropped the forks.

Look further down the page and there is a Seaco Silkroad. Cannondales alternative for road pro's.

Ignore that pleased. Just wiki'd it and Colnago refused Mapei permission to use the Ruby fork. Paris-Robaix was won three times on them by the Z Team.

Back