Need some info on an old Puch bike, if anyone could share?

Kieranyeh

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, I've got a Puch Mistral I've done a minor restore on.. (has some modern gears on it though :oops: )

IMG_4581_zps9cd6380f.jpg

Just wanted to know if anyone know it's history, there's very little on the web and I don't know if the bike itself is good enough to do a proper restore on, for example, powdercoat and better wheels etc...

If anyone could value it too that'd be great, as I'm looking to sell it providing it's nothing too special, which I'd probably end up keeping if so..

It's a Puch Mistral Leader, original paintwork.

Cheers!

Kieran

Re: Need some info on an old Puch bike, if anyone could shar

Hi Kieran,

not really into Puchs, but as being an Austrian I have to know something about Puchs :) Also my first proper bike was a Puch, a bordeaux Clubmann 10 gear rondoneur.

Your mistral is one of the last made in the 80s but I would assume after they ceased production in Graz. Afterwards the machinery went to Italy, to the new owners, where your frame had been made.

If you want to know more about old Puchs, I can highly recommand you this site:

http://bikeboard.at/Board/showthread.ph ... -1979-1987

writings in German, but pics. speaks for itself. Also most of the guys there do understand English. Hope that helps you a bit. ;)

magas":1k2r8loz said:
Hi Kieran,

not really into Puchs, but as being an Austrian I have to know something about Puchs :) Also my first proper bike was a Puch, a bordeaux Clubmann 10 gear rondoneur.

Your mistral is one of the last made in the 80s but I would assume after they ceased production in Graz. Afterwards the machinery went to Italy, to the new owners, where your frame had been made.

If you want to know more about old Puchs, I can highly recommand you this site:

http://bikeboard.at/Board/showthread.ph ... -1979-1987

writings in German, but pics. speaks for itself. Also most of the guys there do understand English. Hope that helps you a bit. ;)

Cheers mate! Yeah that's useful, Google Chrome translated the page also, so that was handy.

I've no idea what these are worth, It's the first one I have come across, but I respected the quirky colour scheme and such..

An idea of the tube set would be useful. Most Puch roadbikes I personally have had any experience, were high tensile steel putting them in the low end of the price scale much like the cheaper Raleighs and Falcons.

IMG_4599_zpsbe226489.jpg

It has no reynolds stickers on it, but 3 Tubi Crmo? Tri-butted? I'm not sure tbh.. appears to be in Italian

Probably just means the 3 main tubes are chromolly but that still gives no indication of butting but it does raise it up the pecking order a wee bit.

Back