2005 Specialized SX Trail...poll for repaint colour added

What colour should I repaint the bike?

• Baby blue

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Lime green

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
cyfa2809":2v59lcku said:
I believe the pedals are ht ones - same as nukeproofs which i have. I was impressed by them also despite only using v8's with terror pins before the nukeproofs just perform well.

What brakes are they? Didnt know the strokers had a 4pot caliper?
Nice chainring.

Pretty sure they're the same as the Nuke Proof pedals (and the Kona Wah Wah's). Can't fault them to be honest, if my favourite pair of trainers weren't so knackered they'd grip even better. My riding shoes have no tread left where pedals have chewed them up.

The Aces came out a while ago and were the first and only Hayes brakes to use a 4 pot caliper. CRC still have them and they're expensive. Power wise they're pretty good too, I just fancy a change...they don't seem to need any TLC at all.

It was a toss up between the Hope ring or a Renthal one but I can't remember why I chose one over the other now.

Seeing this has made me want to get a Spesh SX again. I used to have the original (white) FSR supercross, and on the back of seeing this thread I've now put an advert up in the Wanted section for another one!

Let me know if you ever want to part ways with this one ;)

Barneyballbags":2irt6s5e said:
Seeing this has made me want to get a Spesh SX again. I used to have the original (white) FSR supercross, and on the back of seeing this thread I've now put an advert up in the Wanted section for another one!

Let me know if you ever want to part ways with this one ;)

Good lad. I love the original Supercross jobbies. I tried to get one of them before this but they're rare as rocking horse poo. A few guys I worked with in a bike shop had them and raved about how good they are.

I'll be hanging onto this. Planning to get it repainted in the winter as the current paint job is looking pretty tired now. It's a bit heavy but I love the way it rides, and its great fun on the downs.

Right, it's getting near to d day...I want to repaint the frame as its looking pretty tired cosmetically but am a bit stuck on what colour to do it.

The options are baby blue like the bike that Darren Berrecloth used to ride, lime green or fluro yellow.

Everything else will stay the same, so poo brown forks and white bits.

Definitely NOT Yellow

It is a tough choice between the other colours though as they both in my mind have great merit ;)

If forced to make a choice and solely because of the fork colour I would choose...............................................

Vote made ;) :D

Cheers.

I've gone cold on the idea of fluro yellow and am favouring the baby blue. This was a stock colour for the later bikes elsewhere in the world and seems to suit the bike. I also reckon that the brown forks will go best with this.

The Forks are brown? I quite like the frame as is, Brown isnt easy to match... hmm Would you consider doing the forks too? Green might be too much though loads of chunky moderns rock these colours, hard to imagine, Blue, I can only see steel hardtails! :? :oops:
Hmm tricky one. Went throught this with my SC Bullit and it still isn't painted/built! :LOL: I'd considered a battleship grey, polished metal, or polished patina. and at one crazy moment almost Orange to match the Marzocchis!

They are indeed poo brown...they're the original Talas RC2's with the Talas internals removed and replaced by Vanilla internals.

I live the current colour too, but it's looking really tired now...it's had a tough eight years. As I have no intention of changing it, I may as well give it a face lift. I also want something a bit more colourful this time round.

I'll try and find some pics of them in blue and post it up.

saw some blue ones on google images.
lot of full suss have special graphic multi colour designs.
If you are doing forks too, lime green could be good. frame only white might work. hmm

Re: 2005 Specialized SX Trail...poll for repaint colour adde

I've finally got round to upgrading the wheels on the SX. I was toying with a set go Hope Hoops (Pro II's on either Mavic EN521 or Stans Flow rims) but ended up getting a pair of Easton Havocs in the CRC sale...50% off so they were hard to resist.

They are supposed to be light and tough, with a decent width tubeless rim which were my main criteria. They are 300g lighter than the Hope wheels which is a fair bit really.

Here are some pics

image-2_zps59a3311e.jpg

image-2_zpsdcde20f2.jpg

image-2_zps70330ddd.jpg

image-2_zps1219cbdf.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

I was sad enough to weigh them tonight and they are pretty much bang on...actual of 1,752g (with valves) versus a listed weight of 1,750g. I'm thinking of changing my single ply Maxxis DH tyres for Schwable Hans Dampf tubeless tyres which will shed another 200g of rolling weight. Fingers crossed the sealant will weight less than my tubes too.

For a comparison, I'll weigh my old wheels at the weekend when I swap them over.

Back