Need help with ID of this little GT frame...

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This rather pretty little thing turned up today :cool: (Thanks Dave)

No model decals, but going by the colours of the GT decals etc I was rather hoping it might be a '97/'98 model. It's 6061, see pics, and yes I know it's not a Zaskar, but could it be an Avalanche from around then, extensive research and trawling through here and the 'net suggests they were briefly made of 6061?

Anyway, it's roughly 15" centre to top, weight with headset but no seat clamp is roughly 1800gms, or just over 4lbs to us oldies. Frame number as shown, there is a 4 on the end of it that's out of shot. I presume this number and it's position on the BB points to a Taiwanese made frame.... :?

As Miranda's mum would say - 'such fun!' (Not a good advert for working from home though, this is all I do all day long)

Attachments

• GT frame 001.JPG
    GT frame 001.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 783
  • GT frame 002.JPG
    GT frame 002.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 783
  • GT frame 003.JPG
    GT frame 003.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 783
  • GT frame 004.JPG
    GT frame 004.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 783
  • GT frame 006.JPG
    GT frame 006.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 783
I thought that, but they were made of 7005? And I think the graphics were a different colour, but then I'm assuming the ones on mine are original, which they may not be... :?

my avalanche was 6061 from 98 if that helps and it had the same markings on the inside of the dropout

Ooooh, that's sounds more promising! Can you remember if the stickers were red and yellow like that?

(Need a 'hopeful face' smiley...)

Well I thought I did but I don't but the graphics were yellow and black if I remember rightly

Ah, thanks for having a look though. In the catalogues, 'billet' was a colour option but not the one they show, so it's difficult to get a definitive answer on the graphics and the colours....

Back