Lug Lining

Thanks Danson, for both the pics and the link. I had seen it before from the Jack Taylor site I think but you can never see it too much.
Such skill makes it look easy.
Very, very nice!
Thanks for reminding me of this.

Jamie

Robbied196":3bw9zx6o said:
Thought I'd post this for anyone who fancies doing their own lug lining :) Like most jobs, its much easier with the right tool! Its natural to assume lugs are painted with a brush, which they can be, but its much more difficult. The best tool for the job is a lining pen which you can find on Ebay for a couple of quid

Do you have a link or a technical / brand name as I can't find any!!!??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks for the box lining info guys. :cool:

danson67":2o9ued01 said:
Box Lining:
3229380188_f9e8cc6c5c_b.jpg

All the best,

I need to know more about this vision of loveliness.
argie.gif

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Theoldfm":2p12a6k8 said:
Ian Raleigh":2p12a6k8 said:
Theoldfm":2p12a6k8 said:
Do you have a link or a technical / brand name as I can't find any!!!??
Uni posca paint pens are quite good, i use them for my modelling.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=u ... &_from=R40

Do these use actual paint though I.e. enamel etc?

:facepalm: I'm always calling it a lining pen! Its actually called a ruling pen, search ruling pen on Ebay :)

Here's one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Artists-Rulin ... 257a9b25b8

Thanks for all the comments guys and the brilliant link to the Jack Taylor documentary, I could watch stuff like that all day. A true master craftsman :) interesting that Norman built the frames and Jack did the paint, must one of the only builders that's named after the painter.

I'd love to find a Cyclo box-lining tool just to have a go!

Back