Merlin

I'v here two seatposts in 27.2 (xt730 and kalloy), both are clean, the seat tube is also clean and fits neither of them.
I asked the previous owner and he says he has always used the 27th, so I would say this may be a design flaw.

I can confirm it only when I have a 27 mm post (and because I need an XT 730 in very good condition, it may take a long time :oops: )

mkozaczek":9old7asi said:
Have you measured the diameter of your 27.2 post?
yes mate :roll:

I've just taken a pic of the seat tube, everything looks clean.

spsize4.jpg

and I flirt with sth. :? :LOL:

merlin24.jpg

(specially to see how looks a YO fork on a Merlin, have removed it from my grello yo eddy)

oh yeah I also like this combination, and just imagine the stem would also be in the same color of fork ;)

Your all as mad as a box of frogs :shock:

Maybe its me just lacking some lateral / imaginative thinking. . . . . I just don't get it
surly your going to detract from the Ti tubing

I'm now glued to seeing this idea develop

Retro Spud":28fwuo1f said:
Your all as mad as a box of frogs :shock:

Maybe its me just lacking some lateral / imaginative thinking. . . . . I just don't get it
surly your going to detract from the Ti tubing

I'm now glued to seeing this idea develop
firstly, it's just an idea ;)
secondly, this Merlin should not be boring ;)
and thirdly, I really want to have a rigid segmented fork on this bike ;) (...but it need not be a Yo fork)

Nader":2plleh4y said:

I can confirm it only when I have a 27 mm post (and because I need an XT 730 in very good condition, it may take a long time :oops: )
now I got it and it's as it should be :D

XT SP-M730 27.0mm NOS
merlin25.jpg

merlin26.jpg

And it fits perfectly and there is no risk of breakage.

spsize5.jpg

I would say you can indeed use 27.2mm post but whether it comes out again ...that's debatable and thereby is the frame more damaged.

AND it looks good

merlin27.jpg

merlin28.jpg

merlin29.jpg

merlin30.jpg

merlin31.jpg

now I just need to clarify the question of forks :roll:

Back