What 7 /8 speed chains are you using?

ratcapa

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Ok so I've got a couple of builds on the go at the minute and they are getting to the point of completion. I've tried several chains but which ones are you happiest with, important to me are slickness of shifting followed by durability as they aren't daily riders and I'm not really bothered how easy they are to fit so quick link or not?

Cheers

Bell one £4 from Asda .... :oops: :oops:

OK I have no shame but they work ok and I have lots of bikes...

I like Campagnolo chains, they seem to comfortably out last the Shimano and SRAM chains I've used. Also, there's no problems fitting 9 speed chains on 7 and 8 speed drivetrains.

I asked the same question 2 weeks ago, the general opinion was kmc chains, I bought a shimano hg40 from crc for 6.99 for a 7 speed xt cassette, seems to work fine

The KMC ones (think they're the 'x8' ones?) are bril in my humble opinion, as light as my XT/Dura Ace one and cheap. Well, they were free actually as I snaffled them off my old boss when he closed his shop! :LOL:

any I find at the traffic lights :LOL: ,

they tend to snap off peoples new rides after a couple of weeks so they're usually in good nic

RBG

Depends on the build...

...I wanted a black chain for my Kili Comp so I bought a Clarks from Halfords; silver chains are SRAM PC something-or-other; and I have a Titanium Nitride coated hollow-pin/plate chain on my Explosif to match the other gold highlights :facepalm:

They all work fine BTW.

Dossa":sn4nibyg said:
SRAM PC-870's are my personal favourites... Power link makes it a doddle to get on/off as well :D

I think I've got a bag of the power links in my garage if anyone ever needs one... I'll try and remember to check next time I'm out there.

Back