Square taper, grease or not!!!!

Someone's ignorance (lack of knowledge) is not "shameful", especially if one is open minded to learn and improve. If anything is shameful it would be criticizing others ignorance while contributing nothing to help them.

hollister":rbjsoyzi said:
I'm starting to believe that a lot more people here than I previously thought don't understand the difference between a square taper interface, a seatpost, and a quill stem(sing it with me now, "one of these things is not like the other things..")

The good news is this confusion probably won't end up with them hurting themselves, but sadly the mechanical ignorance will continue to be spread

Shameful

mechanical ignorance?!?! i dropped my left handed screwdriver on my toe when i read that!

RadNomad":3thfkhi4 said:
Someone's ignorance (lack of knowledge) is not "shameful", especially if one is open minded to learn and improve. If anything is shameful it would be criticizing others' (perceived) ignorance while contributing nothing to help them.

Some people you just can't help but like... :cool:

RadNomad":23970rde said:
Someone's ignorance (lack of knowledge) is not "shameful", especially if one is open minded to learn and improve. If anything is shameful it would be criticizing others ignorance while contributing nothing to help them.
It's the spreading that's shameful

Doubly so when it's willfully done

We_are_Stevo":5de64pj9 said:
Ah yes, but the grease helps prevent the oxidization which seizes the cranks onto the taper in the first place... ;)

I'm no chemist but I'm pretty sure cranks seize because of galvanic corrosion, not oxidization.

I don't grease, FWIW. Use Loctite myself.

hollister":1nze6qhz said:
RadNomad":1nze6qhz said:

It's the spreading that's shameful

Doubly so when it's willfully done

How do you wilfully spread a lack of knowledge?

bontyfiend":1lvci3xu said:
We_are_Stevo":1lvci3xu said:
Ah yes, but the grease helps prevent the oxidization which seizes the cranks onto the taper in the first place... ;)

I'm no chemist but I'm pretty sure cranks seize because of galvanic corrosion, not oxidization.

I don't grease, FWIW. Use Loctite myself.

Nor am I, you're probably right... ;)

Back