Merlin Titanium

hi
here's the link to last years show. we are hoping for bigger and better this year.
this is the 20th anniversary of this show. harald is thinking of doing something
special such as a tribute to rod kirkham of offroad toad fame. he was the one who
started these events. we may have as many as three toads in attendance. maybe more
but we aren't greedy. :)
roy
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=196901&hilit=harald

I just realized that the front fork does not have cantilever bosses which means I would have to either use V brakes or disc. Also the front fork using cantilevers bouncing up and down would be unfeasible. Well this is annoying. Either V brakes or new fork.

For a 1996 I am intrigued that the bike is a 7 speed with mostly older components. Not sure if they were replaced at one point or what's up but I am going to use the frame as-is and build it up early 90s.

Anyone know what sort of fork replacement would be available? I could get a steel one with cantilevers from somewhere like Nashbar but I'm not sure if there are better, lighter alternatives. I'm also a cheapskate.

Nader":i970uhtt said:
Retro Spud":i970uhtt said:
Narhay":i970uhtt said:
Serial 12002. Does this mean it is a 1996?

so how does that work since it doesn't contain a single "9" or a "6"
what am I missing here ?
here you go http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/BikeHistoryPages/Merlin.html

Nader

Clicked on the Merlin/Mombat link this morning I ended up making myself late for work :oops:
having read their history that Merlin E-STAY concept they made back in 91 is something else :shock: W.T.F are those forks all about

An education as always Mr N,

I think its now safe to say "The more I learn, the MORE I realise how little I know" :shock:

Attachments

• 1991MerlinE1.jpg
    1991MerlinE1.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 384
OH MAN!!!!!
that merlin with that fork!!!! :shock:
i'd trade my left one for that!!!! :LOL:
merlin...ti...e-stay...funky fork.....WOW!!!
only one thing better in the world than that.
a horny toad. :roll:
roy

Back