1991 Team Marin

Thanks. The lighting in my home isn't the best so the colours appeared a bit more washed out than they are. I think I've reinjected a few more years into this bike.

I took the bike through some relatively unkept trails and roads today as its first 20km jaunt in the city. It has a very nice light frame, shifting is crisp and concise and tracking is on point and nimble. I liked it so much, even on the roads, that I am considering selling my sora equipped commuter road bike and using this one full time. I will use it regularly for awhile before making any decisions.

It's first trial on the mountain will have to wait about 10 days. I'll be sure to bring the camera and take some pics along the way.

From whence it came. I have turned this one back into a commuter for now. I still have the knobby tires to go trail riding but it is mostly used for commuting to and from work.

New additions are the flite titanium saddle, xt sharkfin chain stay protector, and the Tioga 1.95 city slicker tires. I also switched the brake levers and shifters as I was having issues with the previous ones not springing back into place. New lock on grips replace the previous cheapy slide ons and re cabled while I was at it.

IMG_20130705_182618_zps0b903362.jpg

Back