1900 Orient "Leader"

was8v":12qvnn43 said:
Chute55uk":12qvnn43 said:
love the 'gt idrive' dropouts

eccentric dropouts!

Why is it on a trailer?
This was a car show, not a bike show, and it was the only bicycle at the entire show.

The Concours D'Elegance is a car show with about 300 cars that span over 100 years of automobile history, including that turn-of-the-(last)century buggy, trailer, and bicycle. The trailer and bike were accessories to the buggy.

There are a handful of Concours that take place annually all over the USA. The biggest Concours is at Pebble Beach in California, but the 2nd biggest one is in Florida. I don't normally attend these kind of events, but in this case my parents retired and bought a house within walking distance of the place that hosts the show - a happy coincidence for a car lover like me. I didn't even know very much about those shows until after my folks moved there. The entire area is very quiet and peaceful for about 51 weeks out of the year, but it's crowded during that one week of the show, and it's a common sight to see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, McLarens, Bugattis, Bentleys, Packards, etc etc, both classic and modern, both racing and non-racing versions, driving all over town for that one week, and many of them are VERY loud.

oldave":1bhtc6e3 said:
Even motor paced, 40 miles in an hour on that was some going. 'ard men in they days.

Just beautiful.
...and it was done on a horse track (replete with dirt, dust, hoofprints, and the occasional pile of horse dung), not on some sissy-boy smooth paved track, so I guess it qualifies as an MTB after all. :)

Back