Alpinestars Al-mega AKA the bed frame.

lrh":bv34yvdx said:
I think a low-mount front mech might just sit low enough to work, have you got one to offer up?

Remember you need bottom pull!

This type of thing? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=22775

To be honest I'm not sure anything will fit around the seat tube as is such an odd shape. :? I could get the grinder out and attack the tab that's left on the seat tube and try and make it round, but I don't think I can trust my grinding skills for that. I suppose I go 1X8 then for now.

MADB":y7pbhy7g said:
Yeah, was kinda assuming the tube would be round!

Would something like this not replace the AWOL mount, sitting above/below the bump? http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/powerpla...or-braze-on-front-derailleur-black-prod14720/

Or something more "band" like if the tube isn't round up there either?

14720.jpg

Have you tried the e type yet bri? the A stars tubes don't get too bendy and weird until above chainset.[/quote]

Not yet and I can not get a clamp to fit the seat tube. Its all sort a wrong, it sort of ovel with front face being flatter than the back.

I might just fit the e-type and see how it goes or I might drill and tap a hole in the seat tube. Is the hole in the seat tube a bad idea? :?

Brian

MADB":1c7xfo38 said:
I might drill and tap a hole in the seat tube. Is the hole in the seat tube a bad idea? :?
Alpinestars alu frames don't need any additional help to crack ;)

right, it maybe simpler to go single ring upfront then. :? not a bad thing if you don't intend to put some serious go-everywhere mileage on it.

Keep the chainset on for now and manually move the chain from middle to inner to see how it suits your riding, you ought to able to get an idea of tooth quantity on single ring should you choose to go that way.

We_are_Stevo":3f2rs2jg said:
The E-Type front mech. needs some form of lug on the seat tube to secure the bolt to that stops it rotating in operation...

...not enough to just secure it in place with the BB cup; the chain will 'grab' it and rotate it until it comes up against the top of the BB shell.

No, I think E-type is fine here this time....before sending it to Brian I tried a modern xt m77? on it and the u shape cup on the mech oddly fitted perfectly snug around the bendy seat tube and with the correct BB all should be good with no movement when changing

Latest posts

Back