1991 Team Marin

Thanks. I agree with the bottle cage...it came with the bike and I often don't have any on my bicycles at all. Even so, a black one would be probably the best colour choice. I also have a yellow one I could throw on there to complete the out of place look heh heh. The last bit of kit I am looking for is the right side XT shifter. I will use the right shifter as-is for now, but am on the lookout for a replacement that snaps back completely as I know it will bother me to no end.

Received my cone wrenches in the mail today. The front hub uses two 13mm wrenches and the rear uses two 15mm wrenches...kind of annoying to need two sets of wrenches but it is what it is. I put some new bearings in and replaced with fresh grease after a good cleaning.

Interesting to note that the front xt hub has space for 11 bearings but it is designed for 10.

Definitely have a go at flooding the shifters with lube, many people have revived Rapidfire shifters this way.

Just noticed your front mech is sitting too high, it should almost touch the big chainring when fully extended. Strange, usually half-way between cage bolts is about right but in this case it's way too high :?:

Are you going to re-use the Eldridge stem because I don't think it looks right at all. A nice black stem and bars would go better with the seatpost/tyres/decals.

IMG_20130304_083056_zps632ac14e.jpg

Thanks for noticing. I just threw that front derailleur on the old markings where it used to be mounted but yes, it should sit about 3mm above the teeth on the large chainring when extended.

I think I will use the stem...it is pretty unique and the colours do appear in the pink and neon green in the rest of the bike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
juice":1bwx1y47 said:
The correct stem is on ebay.de right now
Looks like it has similar fade... A perfect match :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Handlebar arrived today. I installed it with the bar ends, new Teflon cables and new black housing. I am just heading out to the lbs for them to put the wheels in order and the finishing touches.

IMG_20130308_141009_zps30f7e3ce.jpg

IMG_20130308_141017_zps67e0437e.jpg

IMG_20130308_141100_zpse3f291e6.jpg

Received the bike back. There were a couple details that I missed and I am glad I sent the bike in for an expert opinion at Kinetik Cycles in Coquitlam. Needless to say, it has come back trued, tuned and ready to ride and they did a super job on it. I took it for a spin around the neighbourhood and hopped around. Here are some pictures of the final bike. I'm not used to mountain biking but I enjoyed how nimble the bike was.

MarinDone001_zpseafbcddb.jpg

MarinDone002_zps6092d426.jpg

MarinDone004_zps6e67a519.jpg

MarinDone005_zps70da27a1.jpg

MarinDone006_zpscfa10986.jpg

MarinDone007_zps3eb6ff20.jpg

MarinDone008_zps6ed2a267.jpg

MarinDone009_zpse75b7062.jpg

MarinDone010_zps98baeffe.jpg

MarinDone011_zpsd8c58e43.jpg

MarinDone012_zpsa7472890.jpg

Back